[Release] SexySpeedometer & Tacho ( Dashboard Elements, Skins, Fuel )

it does not work for me.
did I do something wrong ?

resource_manifest_version '44febabe-d386-4d18-afbe-5e627f4af937'

client_scripts {
	"client.lua",

-- add skins here
	"skins/default.lua",
	"skins/default_middle.lua",
	"skins/initiald.lua",

}

exports {
	"getAvailableSkins",
	"changeSkin",
	"addSkin",
	"toggleSpeedo",
	"getCurrentSkin",
	"addSkin",
}

ui_page('skins/initiald.html')
files({
    'skins/initiald.html',
    'skins/initiald.ogg'
})

it should work fine, can you type /speedoskins ingame and see what skins are available?

there are none available. there is nothing.

“nothing”? so no chat suggestion or the command doesnt get entered? does the default speedometer display? any errors?

it’s working 100% … nice job with this speedometer ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Initial D 7 Speedometer Skin

note: this is an early release, not all features may be in working order

how to install:
download the initial d speedometer as normal, but this time copy its contents into your ‘sexyspeedometer’ directory, then open the __resource.lua and add:

"skins/id7.lua",
under
-- add skins here

6 Likes

Added it to the skins, but it doesnt show up at all or work when I use /speedoskin id7

I have your other initiald one installed without issue. So not sure why this one doesnt work. Added it in the resource file, uploaded the stream folder and skins folder.

did you “refresh” or reboot the server before adding it? changes in the __resource.lua file won’t get updated unless that happens

restarted, refreshed and still no luck.

I have the same problem.
I think these parts are the problem:

exports.sexyspeedometer:addSkin(skinData)
exports.sexyspeedometer:getCurrentSkin()
exports.sexyspeedometer:toggleFuelGauge(false)

id6 skin works.

:eggplant:

1 Like

how so? can you tell me what you think the problem with the exports is?

Alright, i’ve updated the file with a working one, try redownloading it! ( @Ven0m @Smallo )

How do I put the standard speedometer, because I have to use the /speedoskin, but it only applies to me. So I would like to default to appear for all, the skin

dont use any other skins apart from the default skins then? it automatically falls back to “default” if the preferred skin isn’t available

And how do I make your skins appear to everyone? I would have to delete the default or change something in the client.lua?

you can manually force them for other clients using a bit of scripting, i’ll have to add a new function to force a specific skin.

please don’t delete the default skins for now.

Okay, I won’t delete the default

I don’t know what is the problem with exports but id6 doesn’t use them and that one is working so i just figured something was wrong there.
I tried your last update and it’s working now, thanks.

Update 8.2

This Update will allow people to remove the “default” skins.

The “first” added skin will now be active instead of the “default” skin if the user preferred skin ( or “default” ) wasn’t found.

If you want to force a specific skin for all users, just remove the

"skins/default.lua",
"skins/default_middle.lua",

lines in __resource.lua and only add your own skins, the first skin in that list will automatically also be the preferred one.

1 Like