[Release] PropHuntV - Unlockable Characters, Point System, and more!

This is a standalone gamemode for FiveM to play PropHunt, submitted as part of the FiveM Gametype Contest. It’s a pretty simple game of hide and go seek, where people are split into 2 teams:

Props: Hide as props by right-clicking with your reticle over them, and outlive the hunters until the timer stops.
Hunters: Find the props and kill them to win before the timer stops.

This gamemode includes:

• 12 Unlockable Characters
  • Points which you earn throughout playing the game.
  • 5 Maps out of the box:
    • Pacific Standard Bank
    • Parson’s Clinic
    • Aircraft Carrier
    • Lost MC Club
    • FIB Office
  • Completely configurable settings
    • Control over all modifiers + points given out
    • Possible to add more maps
    • Possible to add more unlockable characters

Instructions & Download: here
Source Code: here

26 Likes

Sounds cool, good job!

1 Like

This looks cool

The Garry’s Mod classic has finally come to FiveM! Nice work! :heart:

:open_mouth: looks neat! Good job.

I can’t tell if that banner is the Pacific Standard Bank or taken from GMOD, also i can’t wait to play this gamemode

Yep, it’s Pacific Standard Bank! here was the original picture.

1 Like

just tried it out, very cool! <3 :smiley:

I’ve been watching you make this on your stream, glad to see it completed!

1 Like

Great job!

1 Like

100% going to spin up a server and try this. I’m liking the fact people are bringing the game modes from GMod onto FiveM as the performance in FiveM is far better than in GMod IMO.

3 Likes

This looks very cool! Calls devs to get ontop of this…

Got people testing this right now and absolutely loving it. Its not many because its 4:40am but its a lot of fun.

One thing they have said is if there was control listed somewhere and the ability to change who they are spectating.

The only real controls are for props, and that’s to right-click to become a prop. It should say pop up that message when they first load into the map.

As for spectating, it’s currently a bug, but it is intended to allow you to cycle through them. I plan on adding more to allow people to see who they’re spectating and who’s on their team.

1 Like

Another possible bug we have found is the hunters can kill each other.

Another problem is sometimes they cant see the timer.

I would love to save earned points to JSON for example, no need to use DB i guess…
points are restarted to 0 after reconnect.

It should be saved to JSON in data/players/ directory. Each save file should be tied to the steam ID

1 Like

i dont have that folder…where should it be?