[RELEASE] Hologram Speedometer v1.0.1

Hologram Speedometer

A 3D speedometer script for FiveM

Preview

Screenshots

Installation

1. Download from Github: hologramspeed
  2. Rename the folder to hologramspeed (WITHOUT uppercase letters).
  3. Copy the hologramspeed folder to your server resources folder
  4. Add start hologramspeed to your server.cfg
  5. Restart the server

Update to v1.0.1

If you using v1.0.0 version and you want to update to v1.0.1, just delete the old folder and download this script again from Github, then rename the folder to hologramspeed (WITHOUT uppercase letters).

Convars

Name Description Type Example
hsp_defaultTheme The default theme applied to the speedometer String “default”

Commands

• /hsp - Toggle the speedometer
  • /hsp theme <name> - Set the theme of the speedometer, the default theme is default.
  • /hsp offset <x> <y> <z> - Set the offset of the speedometer, leave xyz to blank will reset to default offset.
  • /hsp rotate <x> <y> <z> - Set the rotate of the speedometer, leave xyz to blank will reset to default rotate.

Example use: /hsp theme nve (Set the theme to nve, the theme for NaturalVision Evolved)

Key

The default key to display/hide speedometer is ~ (Above the Tab key)
You can change the key in your game settings

FAQ

Q: Why my speedometer is blurred?
A: You should remove your NVE Motion Blur mod and disable motion blur in the game settings.
Q: Why I can’t see the speedometer?
A: Make sure that you have installed the resource correctly. The name of your resource may not be compatible with NUI due to DNS name restrictions.

Enjoy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

215 Likes

Looks insane, d*mn

1 Like

If I owned a drift server, this would be perfect, Although I won’t use it, This is fucking amazing! I hope you continue developing on this platform buddy!

1 Like

This is amazing! Great job!

The idea is insane, this HUD for RP it would be amazing! (Fuel and seatbelt)
Great job! :slight_smile:

G R E A T. Make Free Releases great again.

5 Likes

Insane (in the membrain)

1 Like

Great work!

you can also install a fuel gauge because then that’s just perfect

Awesome stuff! :clap:

Incredible, I’ve seen less for more :wink:

Holy f*ck, this is insane asf

How do you make the display so its not so bright?

If you using NVE, you should run the command: /hsp nve to enable the NVE mode

please also in km/h

The unit will display as KPH if you set the useMph = false or running the command /hsp mph and switch to Off.

1 Like

Cool release and great work but there are many instances of best practice not being followed. Expect a PR soon to the git repo :smiley: (PR merged! Cheers for the very quick response!)

Current improvements:

• Fully static loading (no more hosting hologram.html yourself!)
  • In-game configurable keybinding (no longer based on default controls!)
  • Automatic metric/imperial detection based on user settings (and changing no longer requires you to restart your game!)
  • Improved javascript (no more jquery!)
  • Dramatically improved performance (currently sitting at 0.20ms average while the display is active, 0.01ms when inactive)
  • Theming! (nve is now a “theme”, you can change themes on the fly and new themes can be added easily by creating a file with editing being done via CSS variables)

Currently working on moving from CreateVehicle to CreateObject for the DUI anchor (so that resource reloads don’t crash your game due to reloading vehicle meta while you are in a vehicle) and forcing the display to be drawn on top of stuff like the map to make it more useful (and possibly some rotation to make it always visible to the camera)

1 Like

OMG BRAH! T H I S I S B E A U T I F U L (Yeah I’m screaming) :slight_smile:

WOW, JUST WOW! this looks insane bro!! well done!

10/10 :ok_hand: