[RELEASE] Gas Mask Script v2.5 (NON-ESX)

FiveM Gask Mask Script

a FiveM gas mask script using the ACE permission system.

Description

By wearing a gasmask (configurable in the config) you become immune to tear gas.

Commands

/gasmask on - puts on

/gasmask off - takes off

/gasmask - toggles on and off

Images

Equipped

Unequipped

Videos

Video with Gasmask off - Here

Video with Gasmask on - Here

Download

Installation

• Assign the ace perm perms.gasmask to a specific group or steam identifier.
    Find more info on this here
  • Drop the fivemgasmask-master folder in your resources directory
  • Open the config.lua file in fivemgasmask-master and set things to your liking
  • Add start fivemgasmask-master to your server.cfg
  • Restart server

IMPORTANT NOTE: This script uses ace permissions. You MUST assign a group or steam identifier the perms.gasmask permission in order for this to work.

Updates

the GitHub link will be updated regularly. Find new releases there, as well as changelogs.

Contributions

Pull requests are welcome. For major changes, please open an issue first to discuss what you would like to change.

License

GNU GPL 3.0

6 Likes

Improvements in v2

• Added config
  • If using a ped, equips an actual gas mask (configurable in the config.lua)
  • Given the option to toggle the gasmask opposed to using on and off

There is no config just saying.

Could you possibly do this where it simply checks for an ACE perm? Many of us already have fully implemented ACE perms setup through Discord so adding a different discord perm resource is redundant.

please create a item instead /gasmask

Just also realized the discord_perms you linked is not supported anymore. Plus, since we already run a diff discord_perms script for our vehicles, weapons, pagers, panic system, Discord ACE Perms, and several other resources that all require it to remain named discord_perms, we can’t even just run the outdated unsupported one you have linked. (granted, I don’t believe I should actually make a case out of it being unsupported as I believe the one we use is also unsupported at this point). But yea, a version of this that just checks for a ACE perm would be awesome.

I made this non-esx for a reason. If you meant something else, please elaborate.

It wouldn’t be hard to convert it yourself but I can make a separate release on my GitHub using ace perms. Give me a day or so.

For using Ace Permissions

Ace Permission

perms.gasmask

1 Like

Fixed! Sorry my bad. I added it in the release but not in the actual commit

2 Likes

I mean this much better will be a item / equipment …

If you want one made for ESX, use this: GitHub - Marvisak/esx_gasmask: Gas Mask script for FiveM

You are awesome!!! I know it’s one of those things that people could convert themselves, but unfortunately for me, I know enough about LUA and FiveM scripting to more or less understand what I’m seeing when looking at other peoples work but not enough to easily make changes like that so I REALLY appreciate you doing that!!

1 Like

Pretty epic script it works really well! Keep it up!

1 Like

Damn, looks very nice!

1 Like

nice work !!!

1 Like

Nice release, useful in many occasions.

3 Likes

Do i always have to type /gasmask or could i simpy enable it from vMenu or something and still get the same effect?

Edit: I corrected my wording.

1 Like

Good question. With the latest release you can do either! As long as you are wearing the config gasmask, then you get the effect.

Can you make a version where we don’t have to use ACE permissions? Some servers don’t use ACE permissions and it’s a really useful script.

ACE Permissions are, by default, built into every FiveM server. If you don’t want it to be restricted, simply add this line in your server.cfg after the script is started.

add_ace builtin.everyone perms.gasmask

This will assign the ace permission to every single person. No restrictions necessary :slight_smile: