[Release][Free][ESX] esx_technician

What

esx_technician is a new non whitelisted job! This job allows players to drive around the map and fix the electricity of homes, stores and even more buildings. They can fix the electricity by putting al the fuses back on!

Configuration

This resource comes with a configuration file which lets you change the location of the locker, garage etc. It also makes it possible to add or remove jobs from the list. By default there are 52 different locations. Besides that it lets you change the vehicles the players can use and the license plates those vehicles have.

Jobs

technician

You have to put all fuses/switches up to complete the job!

Controls

E - Interact with all markers.
F6(When in company vehicle) - Opens the Job menu. This menu lets you take and cancel jobs.
Left Mouse Button - Switches fuses on/off.

Download

You can download the resource form my GitHub!

20 Likes

Nice work! Will test later today! Thanks for the release !

No problem. My first ever resource for FiveM! (Besides simple chat commands.)

first of i love this, its easy and fun, and everything works 100% well not 100%. for some reason the pay out is not hitting cash or bank account after each job. so you do the job but not get paid. what could be missing here

Are you getting any errors? If so please send a screenshot of them. Because when i was testing there where no problems.

client man.lua line 250. said something about could not find PlayerJobInfo.name illl get a screenshot be about 20-30 min though

i added the sql, it shows the job title and lets me change clothes and pull the work truck out, f6 starts job, everything is working but the pay out, I’ll restart the server again just in case too. wish i had more info right now, helping someone else with their server issue haha i’ll give you more info when i get it ( should be soon )

restarted the server, now im not getting a error, its not paying out yet. and I noticed it does not start with the server, i had it as start esx_technician then changed it to ensure esx_technician and neither one shows up on the map, then ill f8 console restart esx_technicain and it starts working… so strange, well when i say working it shows up on the map and the job works, just no pay out. um only other thing i can tell ya is we are running one sync if that matters.

It only shows ont he map when you have the job! By payout do you mean the payment per job or just your salary?

1 Like

the pay out per job . never seen Vdist2 used before in the server/main.lua sorry just snooping through the code ( look but dont touch)
yep after finishing a job i dont see money increase in the cash or bank account

Yeah i found the problem. You aint getting errors because it is server side i will fix it!

1 Like

Nice work!

Fixed it! The code has been updated on the GitHub. Thanks for pointing out the bug @Spacetrucker

1 Like

awesome ill download it and try it right now thanks for helping out! im so excited!!

this is a tiny thing, in the config there is a place to increase the pay out i changed it from 100 to 200 bucks, when you finish a job it still says the reward is 100, i looked through the client lua could not find anything about it… tiny nit pick. thanks again for all your hard work!!! I LOVE THIS, wish i had 10 more jobs just like this hahaha so happy!!

That is because the text is in the translation list. (If you scroll down in the config)

1 Like

ok thanks ill do it to it

Nice job!
Idea: Make the fuses turn red when they are off and green when on.

1 Like

Okay so I cut this resource from .20ms to .05 when you are in a vehicle by removing

" else
ESX.ShowHelpNotification(Config.TranslationList[Config.Translation][“MENU_HELP”], true, false, 1)"

on client line 410. The code is making this notification tick ever second and appear every second you are in the vehicle which is causing high MS

Im pretty new to coding but another reason I believe it is running so high is because on line 248 to 428 the Citizen.CreateThread is one giant function. I’m not sure if you’re able to break it up into smaller ones and maybe making the " If isvehicle == true" its own function. Like I said still pretty new to coding, but just trying to help optimize the script!

2 Likes

Yeah i am new to FiveM scripting. This is my first project i worked on besides some simple chat commands. But i will be updating this resource to make it more efficient and better. Thanks for you help!

2 Likes

Only works if we restart the script