[release] fivem-appearance

previewforum

fivem-appearance

A flexible player customization script for FiveM.

This resource was designed to manage all GTA V player/ped customization in only one place, with an opinionated way to handle the data.

Features

• Freemode Ped full customization (Head blend, Face features, Head overlays, Components and Props)
  • Exports API to get and set every part of player/ped appearance
  • Built-in customization feature.

Preview

Images

Customization Preview
Customization Preview
Customization Preview

Download

Github

Source Code

Documentation

All client exports can be found here.

If you prefer, you can disable all the customization interface and use just the API.

This resource is configurable through convars. Keep in mind that you will need to use setr to set these convars.

• fivem-appearance:customization: 1 or 0, default 1, toggle the built-in customization interface and customization exports.
  • fivem-appearance:locale: the name of one file inside locales/, default en, choose the locale file for the customization interface.

config.cfg example:

setr fivem-appearance:customization 1
setr fivem-appearance:locale "en"
ensure fivem-appearance

Examples

To use with your “clothes store” script, you could use something like

-- Client
exports['fivem-appearance']:startPlayerCustomization(function (appearance)
  if (appearance) then
    TriggerServerEvent('saveCharacterCustomization', JSON.encode(appearance))
  end
end)

Loading your character

RegisterNetEvent('loadCharacterAppearance')
AddEventHandler('loadCharacterAppearance', function (encodedAppearance)
  local appearance = JSON.decode(encodedAppearance)
  exports['fivem-appearance']:setPlayerAppearance(appearance)
end)

Todo

• Tattoos

Disclaimer

This is a development resource. In order for something to happen you will need to consume the exports.

Also, there are some features missing that i’m working on, like tattoos. If there is something that you would like to add, feel free to contribute to the project on Github.

It’s my first public release here, so consider it as a test.

UPDATES

• v1.1.0: Added customization config options, now you can choose wich options will be available inside customization.
66 Likes

Good to see some quality releases, damn fine job :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Really like this release, but is it possible to save multiple characters/outfits?

2 Likes

nice script ! good job mate :star_struck:

2 Likes

looking at the images and videos it looks wonderful i will test it immediately, i wanted to know i wanted to use it with esx_np_skinshop_v2 this script saved the data including the player’s clothes in the datastore table will it be possible for both of them to use both without conflict and working correctly?

3 Likes

Tremendous, high quality release. Thank you so much. I am sorry for the sea of stupid questions that will consume this thread.

2 Likes

Yes, just need to use the exports available. Take a look at the examples i added to the post.

3 Likes

I’m not familiar with that resource, but i think you could use just the database logic of that resource and use fivem-appearance for generating the data that is gonna be saved. Take a look at the examples.

3 Likes

Ok sorry mate, my mistake of not reading lol

2 Likes

Could someone help me to replace this menu with the standard esx_clothesshop menu?

4 Likes

I need also, this is amazing!!!

4 Likes

This looks really cool

3 Likes

Did you even read the description?

1 Like

Massive work. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Great release! Looks awesome.

2 Likes

I converted to ESX, really clean code and easy!

3 Likes

This is a very high quality release and for free. Thank you for making use of ts :slight_smile:

4 Likes

can u share it?

2 Likes

I would pay for this. Trying this tomorrow

3 Likes

Yeah me too. Outstanding work by @SnakeWiz :fire:

3 Likes