[Release] Fire/EMS Pager + Fire Siren Resource

Great resource. Just one thing, if you’re using this, be sure to rename a lot of the client/serverside events because anyone with a lua executor who knows about this script and it’s function names will be able to trigger the events for the sounds etc, which can be extremely annoying

1 Like

You raise an interesting, and unfortunate point; thanks.

I haven’t taken a look at your script’s code, but simple tips to stop modders abusing resources are

• Change Server/Clientside event names
  • Make things convoluded. 99% of modders with menus will look at an unclear complicated script and think “not worth it.” then move on to the next resource in their server dump.
  • Make sure that (where possible) the events which trigger major events are server sided. Modders only get client code in server dumps, but they will look up scripts just to see the server side code in order to exploit it.

Example:

TriggerServerEvent('InteractSound_SV:PlayWithinDistance', 9999999, 'lock', 0.1)
TriggerServerEvent('InteractSound_SV:PlayWithinDistance', distance, type, volume)

A very simple server side event which triggers the “click” you hear with the Interact Sound resouce. extremely annoying. Modders will put this in a forever loop, spamming the entire server with it.

Changing the Event’s name will mean they have no clue what event to trigger to start it (bonus points for turning the original name of the function into a anti cheat function which detects people in god mode and such)

Other precautions to take against modders are things like

• Blacklisting buttons which if pressed, will kick the user or alert an admin via discord webhook or something similar

If people would like to make these sorts of changes to the resource after downloading, that is totally fine, however, we won’t obfuscate the code in the release, as we pride ourselves on our easy to understand code, and also it’s somewhat assumed that this sort of resource would be used on a private/whitelisted server, where LUA injectors/modders/hackers/etc. are not an issue.

Also, this resource does not use Interact Sound, so the ‘click’ is a non-issue.

I was more angling the post towards people using the resource as opposed to you yourself, I totally agree with not complicating the code on this end.

The changes I started should only be done by those using the resource.

(InteractSound was just an example for how events are abused, was not saying this resource used InteractSound `:P)

1 Like

Can someone help me … i dont know hat can be ! To me dont show any Blip for fire or Report to the station …
Dont show any blip for the Fire or other thinks.

This is not currently a feature, if you would like to suggest it you can do so here.

Another smaller update, now available on Github.

Hi nice script but i noticed how did u get that ems outfit ? thanks

Thanks, and it’s just the stock MP Ped.

how can i add the pager tune of: ¨Brandweer¨

There is a Wiki Page about that here: https://github.com/inferno-collection/Fire-EMS-Pager/wiki/Adding-custom-tones

Look’s let yet another great script however, I seem to be having a major issue that I can’t seem to solve.

After Installing on a “clean” server:

Beta Version 4.5: I’m unable to click the panel at all. No sounds, nothing.

Alpha Version 4.6: I’m able to hear clicking on the panel, but nothing is actually happening.

Currently on game version 23.7.1.

Hmm, that’s unfortunate. I’m assuming you have not made any changes to the JSON files? When you say but nothing is actually happening., does the NUI open at all? Also, are you getting any errors in your server or client console?

1 Like

No changes made to any files. When I say nothing is happening, I mean with on the panel it’s self. You’re able to set the alarm off, you can hear the alarm, you can go downstairs and open the panel up, but once you open the panel, you’re stuck. You can’t back out of the panel, you can click buttons and hear the clicks, but nothing is actually happening on the panel it’s self. You can’t clear the alarm or anything.

You should just be able to press Esc.

Keep in mind only specific buttons work at specific times. For example on the System Normal screen, only the Menu button will work, and on the **Fire**screen, only the Fire Alarm Ack button will work. If you could just double-check this guide and make sure that these buttons do not work at all. Do note that guide is out-of-date regarding the Alpha, but you should get the general gist of it.

Can’t press ESC. Have to open Task Manager and force quit FiveM.

Maybe this video will help you. When you see my mouse moving around in circles, I’m hitting ESC trying to get out of the panel.

I see you still didn’t try the Menu button :stuck_out_tongue: But anyway, I’ll take your word for it. Could you create a new issue on GitHub please, and we can do some troubleshooting.

You want me to create a new issue under the Fire-EMS-Pager that you linked or under Fire-Alarm?

1 Like

Fire Alarm sorry, looks like the wrong link has been in the original post for a while… oops.