[Release] EssentialMode base

So basically I just bought a hosted server for no reason?
There’s no way to run couchdb on my system and have it connect or something?
Couldn’t I set it up on a locally hosted server upload it to the hosted one?

Okay thanks also I never said “I DONT KNOW HOW” and I never used that as an excuse I simply just asked if I would have to do that!

1 Like

You can host your own instance of it and allow external connections, however make sure that you keep your password secure. But that instance needs to run when the server is running of course.

Gotcha, thanks for the help.
I’m assuming its a setting for the external connections?

anyone kno what this error is:

resources\scriptevnorment.cs (542):error: scriptenviorment::triggerevent::error executing event handler for event es:getplayerfromid in resource essential mode execption has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Then about another 7 errors come up, seems to be happening when you log into the server. Not sure whats going on

damn i got excited for a bit, then i scrolled down xD

On another note, i have a problem, even if i change [‘startingCash’] = 5000, players always start with 0 cash, why?

1 Like

So I bought a server on Citad3l Server (Yeah I heard it sucks). Anyway I created a CouchDB 2.0 on my home network and when I opened the new EssentialMode I typed in my credentials for the DB. IP was 127.0.0.1 port was 5984 and my username and password. Booted FiveM and it didn’t create any DB’s in Couch. What am I doing wrong?

This pops up on my end when I type 127.0.0.1:5984
{“couchdb”:“Welcome”,“version”:“2.0.0”,“vendor”:{“name”:“The Apache Software Foundation”}}

Thanks for any help you can provide!

You have to change the ip to your own ip, not the localhost ip.

And the port has to be open

go to c drive and go to couchdb/bin/couchdb.cmd and run it as admin if ur trying to connect to the http://localhost:5984/_utils/index.html#/_all_dbs.

Make sure it’s on C:/CouchDB and also make sure u open the CouchDB.cmd as Administator!

So i bought a server from low.ms and they set up our couchdb server. i went into the config.lua and changed it over to my couchdb port. on couch it says essentials at 75kb but when someone logs into the server nothing happens it doesnt increase at all. is there other files i need to edit in the essentials folder?

nvm the server hosters didnt have us on couch 2.0 which solved our issue

anyone know any skin customization mods that support couch db?

EssentialMode 4.0 Beta

Now that FXServer is moving forward I want more people to start updating to EssentialMode 4, this version will work with FXServer and is spefically made for it. If you have any issues or bugs you’d like to report don’t feel hesitated to contact me even for the minor of things. However setting up CouchDB is still limitly supported by myself others at my discord might want to help you if you ask nicely. For what has been updated please see the list below for the major things.

• Version checking
  • Native money UI support
  • Server exported functions
  • Convars
  • db.lua largely rewritten, still some things to do
  • class changes

Refer to [Release] EssentialMode base on how class changes work

1 Like

How do you show the money HUD in ES4 ? I see it appear at spawn then disappear

AddEventHandler('es:playerLoaded', function(source)
	TriggerEvent('es:getPlayerFromId', source, function(player)
		player.setMoney(player.get('money'))
	end)
end)

Works for me

So you got it working?

yes with the non-native UI

Both should work, I’ll post an example later. Can you tell me what doesn’t work?

I don’t have the native money shown