[Release] EssentialMode base

Either will work

Okay, thank you, this helps. its abit annoying that it has to be run like that from now on like. I will more then likely have to call it quits with essentials/FiveM since it seemed easy to do it the v2 way

Setting up the database is quite a bit easier now, all you need is to have it running then run the server and it will work.

I understand that completely, i do now, but I liked that i had a database that wasn’t run on my PC or paying for a dedicated machine

What do you mean? MySQL required such aswell.

I spent $10 a month on a GoDaddy database (I like go daddy better then the server provided one), a dedicated machine is $70 a month so you know, what am i gonna go for?

VPS mb ? you should find a good compromise beetwin both

A 3$ vps by OVH?

3 Likes

Craven456 is so angry because him, myself, and another friend spent time and money on developing a server. This change now made the work we did moot. The change also demotivated us to even continue developing the server. I personally think you had something good and I don’t see why it was changed. Now with the current set up we’re going to have 3 options. We can fork over 70 dollars a month (which is 30 dollars more than what we were doing), leave our PC’s on 24/7, or spend the money to build a dedicated machine. I dunno man… this was just a very frustrating experience.

1 Like

so that would work? a VPS? https://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-ssd.xml ?

Indeed

And @risenagain

An early warning was given a bit ago, although this may be frustrating this update is REQUIRED servers break with the old version was the entire sever got ‘waited’ when a DB request was made. Which could time people out, please see that this was neccesary.

1 Like

I understand. It was just a frustrating experience is all. I didn’t see the warning, that’s why it hit us out of no where lol. @chlorine

How much space would you recommend?

1 Like

10GB is more then enough for DB + server

Id recommend putting something about a VPS or something explaining about dedicated machines? just for newbies like me.

I am running into a new error on essential mode that i have never seen before. I really need help i have been trying to fix this for 3 days now non stop and i cant seem to figure it out.

Error: ScriptEnvironment: :TriggerEvent: Error executing event handler for event es:getPlayerFromId in resource essentialmode: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

And it does it over and over again, It does the same error but with different Inner Exeptions.

PLEASE HELP!!! :frowning:

You literally skipped one of the most important steps for hosting your server.
You really need to slow down and read more guides about server hosting.

You forgot the part where you have to tell the scripts to connect to your MySQL server.
Do you not see the first line in the error?
“Authentication to Host ‘127.0.0.1’ for user ‘root’ using method blah blah blah”
Edit the es_*admin.lua file and tell it the password to your MySQL Server. Do that for every resource that requires it.

Every single SQL that needs to be linked it in my SQL server and it already linked to my resources. This all started happening when i added a police script for online. Im making a new server as this one is now totally messed up.

Having trouble setting up this on a CentOS server, anyone able to help me?

First, THANK YOU for the help. I’m human and I make mistakes and overlooked a very simple step apparently. I’ll make the change and report back as soon as I can. @TrundleTheGreat I truly appreciate it.

Also, it’s fine I’m using heidisql correct? I didn’t care for the mySQL one bit. I find heidi to be much more user friendly.

-P