[Release] DinoWeather | Dynamic Weather For ALL AREAS of the Map! | Smooth Transitions!

FiveM-DinoWeather

_____  _         __          __        _   _
|  __ \(_)        \ \        / /       | | | |
| |  | |_ _ __   __\ \  /\  / /__  __ _| |_| |__   ___ _ __
| |  | | | '_ \ / _ \ \/  \/ / _ \/ _` | __| '_ \ / _ \ '__|
| |__| | | | | | (_) \  /\  /  __/ (_| | |_| | | |  __/ |
|_____/|_|_| |_|\___/ \/  \/ \___|\__,_|\__|_| |_|\___|_|

A Weather System that enhances realism by using GTA Natives relating to Zones.
Copyright © 2018 Jarrett Boice

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU Affero General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License
along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.

Description

FiveM-DinoWeather gives aggregated areas of the GTA 5 Map their own dynamic (dinomic ;)) weather systems.

Download: GitHub Master Branch Zip - Version 1.0.2

Source Code: https://github.com/itsJarrett/FiveM-DinoWeather

This is a very simple plug and play system. Weather will correspond with the seasons of the year by default, and I have corresponded certain weather types for these seasons. (Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter). Weather Systems will randomize every hour (configurable).

If you wish to make configuration changes for the different types of weather in the certain groupings on the map, the table layout is specified inside the sh_config.lua.

By default, all of the aggregations are given the same different types of weather that is available to them before randomization. You can change this to however you’d like. Example, getting rid of the snow weather option at the beach because it never snows at the beach.

The following is a table of the aggregations:

Group Name Zone Names
South Los Santos Terminal, Elysian Island, LS Intl, Banning, La Puerta, Chamberlain Hills, Davis, Rancho, Strawberry, Cypress Flats, San Andreas
Central Los Santos Murrieta Heights, La Mesa, Mission Row, Legion Square, Textile City, Pillbox Hill, Little Seoul
North Los Santos Mirror Park, East Vinewood, Vinewood Downtown, Alta, Hawick, Burton, Rockford Hill, Richards Majestic, Del Perro, Morningwood, Richman, GWC And Golfing, West Vinewood, Downtown Vinewood, Vinewood Racetrack, Land Act Dam, Land Act Res
Los Santos Beaches Vespucci Beach, Vespucci, Vespucci Canals, Del Perro Beach, Pacific Bluffs
Eastern Valley El Burro Heights, Palomino Highlands, Noose, Tataviam Mountains
Costal Beaches Banham Canyon, Banham Canyon Dr, Chumash, Tongva Hills
North Los Santos Hills Vinewood Hills, Great Chaparral, Richman Glen, Tongva Valley
Grand Senora Desert Palmer Taylor, Ron Wind Farm, Redwood Lights, Bolingbroke, Harmony, Grand Senora Desert, Sandy Shores, Davis Quartz, Humane Labs, San Chianski, Grapeseed, Alamo Sea, Stab City, Calafia
Northern Moutains Mount Gordo, El Gordo Lighthouse, Braddock Pass, Braddock Tunnel, Mount Chiliad, Galilee
Zancudo Lago Zancudo, Fort Zancudo, North Chumash, Raton Canyon, Cassidy Creek, Mount Josiah
Paleto Chiliad Mountain Wilderness, Paleto Cove, Pacific Ocean, Paleto Forest, Paleto Bay, Procopio Beach

The following is a image of the aggregations layered over a picture of the GTA 5 Map:

Commands

Command Description Permission
SetZoneWeather Allows you to set the Weather in the current zone you are in to the specified Weather via the command argument. dinoweather.cmds
43 Likes

This is epic!

4 Likes

Haven’t seen something like this ever, this is amazing man! :fire:

1 Like

This looks amazing!

1 Like

this is simply cool!

1 Like

Now this is an amazing way to use the brain. What an outstanding unique resource.

4 Likes

This is fantastic. Nicely done!

1 Like

tested it out and unfortunately i have to change my mind about it, all it seems to do is set a random weather for the whole map, no differentiation between zones, the timer to refresh the weather also does nothing seemingly (set it to 20 seconds and nothing changed for the 5 mins i tested this)

Well I knew he couldn’t actually zone out the weather since it all runs off the GTA 5 system but I thought when you entered different zones it would change your weather to that zone?

Ensure you are not using VSync or any other resource that syncs weather across all clients.

No fucking way this is amazing, now I can drive from a stormy city into a hot desert and back. :heart_eyes:

vanilla server, nothing else is installed apart from this, latest artifacts too.

tested a bit more, it did change when i noclipped to sandy, but going back to ls nothing changed.

in conclusion, i’d say it’s a cool concept but it does too little to be noticed to be honest :man_shrugging:

What you’re saying doesn’t make sense, I just tested the script and it works like it says, there is completely different weather in all regions, and when returning to original city, it goes back perfectly.

The resource is working perfectly fine as it should be I encourage you to dig a little deeper and look at ALL the timers when attempting to break a resource.

Slow transition natives are broken at the moment, so there is a sort of instantaneous transition when changing zones. I hope that the future is brighter and that these natives can be used one day.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you mean, I have been using this for about 10 minutes now and it is working flawlessly. It adds a dynamic feel to the city and loving it so far without issue. It feels like you just left the rain cloud when you transfer from rain to sunny.

What a unique simple script. I love it!!! Trying it out soon! Keep it up.

actually by the looks of it, it seems random, it will sometimes instantly change, sometimes blend in

nah, i think it was just the transitions being a bit floppy, sometimes they’d work normally, while other times they’d just change the weather instantly with no transition at all

1 Like