I’ve got the same problem, did you find the issue or the way to fix it?
Same problem here. Was working ok the last time I tested it but now will not show any clothing. I fired up a 2 month old version of my server and clothing won’t work on that now either. A bit odd considering I haven’t touched that script in months.
I have the same problem. I can’t choose the clothes.
This. Anyone have a solution?
Guys, it’s because the natives used are no longer working. FiveM changed something and either blocked the natives for some reason… Or it’s bugged.
Can this be confirmed by FiveM ?
Without that native, this script will not work anymore ![]()
Still no fix for the clothing problem?
I’m gonna begin comparing things from this script, to how another, similar but different, script does it, and see if I can figure out how they differ and if the way the other script does it, can be implemented into this script… might take some time though, and I might not have any success, but I will make the attempt…
or see if the natives can be replaced with something that is supposed to do the same… the natives seems to still be there according to the native list(Native Reference - Cfx.re Docs) but they might have been updated, as the ones I found so far, only need one argument, and in the script they both have two.
What other script is it ?
I struggled a lot to find any information about how to use the native and even make something useful out of it
The creator of this script managed to get something but we couldn’t find any other script who even attempted this.
If you’d share the name of the other script I’d like to join the search for an alternative function / fix.
No script I looked for had something similar.
i am looking into this one. it does not seem to use the natives, but it works, and the way it works might be adaptable to get CUI working, it might not be quite the same, but it should at least work.
i am also looking into the native, seeing if the functionality changed, and trying to use a debugging script, i want to see if i can get anything but nil from it, regardless of input. it could be a change in the syntax, that makes it not work anymore. i will be looking into it more when i get off today, gonna experiment with the native, see what i can get it to return.
Ah, sure. Saw that script a while ago too.
From what I can tell they don’t use the native to get any of the clothes, rather than using the id’s directly. Therefore you have no native that might break, but you have to insert all clothes manually. Until a fix for the current functions is available, this might be worth a try.
Hope this will work again, it’s the only thing missing to me for start my server ![]()
Quick question before I continue working on a workaround. Would a config like this be a valid workaround for you guys?
Would be much work to enter all clothings, so I’d like to be sure beforehand ^^
Ingame it’s like we’re used to, with the only difference being we’re able to choose our own names. (Ingame)
This way I don’t have to change a lot in the script itself, and by the moment the original functions start working again (maybe after an update of the natives), they will be used again instead of the Config.DefaultClothing ones.
EDIT:
Just found a github page (link) by root-cause, with all clothes and its names. New plan will be to insert clothing from there. Will keep you guys updated.
Fixed it. As stated above, I’m performing an http request to root-cause’s repository, and handling the data like the old functions (blacklists, only clothes with names ~= “NULL” etc…).
While my pull request is waiting for approval, feel free to download my fork: GitHub - LostJ3ster/cui_character: An advanced character and clothes editor for esx framework that aims to be comfortable to use, hide complexity and blend in with original GTA V interface elements.
For the ones that have edited versions and dont want to look over everything:
I made changed in the following files:
client/main.lua: 1262 - 1520
server/main.lua: 305 - 331
shared/config.lua: 145 - 180
Enjoy ![]()
Thx, Hero.
I was considering to do something you did here, but do it a little differently. I’d do texture variants seperately from the actual clothing pieces similarly what the default skinchanger menu does. That way you dont have to infinitely scroll through clothing items. Have you considered this?
Hello Lost, any idea if there a way to load faster the menu with this new update, it work like before but the only problem is that I need to wait like 1/2s before the clothes menu open
Thats actually not that hard to do. You just need to create a new group and seperate everything in the functions. Might be a bit of work, but not that hard to accomplish.
Nevertheless I’m not planning on doing something like this.
The loading time depends on server & client internet connection, as it needs to load 12 quite large json files. I was thinking about downloading them & putting them in the resource itself. That way the user has to load them once he connects to the server, which should reduce the load time quite a lot.
I’ve got some changes planned for the menu. Reducing the loading time is definitly one of them.
For now I merged DonJoan’s PR for changing the arms. For this evening I’m planning on working on it again. I will keep you updated in this Thread ![]()