[RELEASE] CleanUI (cui) character

I know of a server that are on v1-final and in the process of downgrading to v1.1 because apparently “big servers running it don’t have the same level of performance issues”. Massive mistake in my mind. Out server with 45 players was struggling like crazy and crashing every few hours until we put the GetExtendedPlayers calls in for society. We were still having lots of issues, but after merging es_extended into our code base (I couln’t drop in due to custom stuff we’ve added as well as esx_billing, esx_datastore and esx_society our issues have been completely resolved. We up our player max to 128 and had a massive event on the weekend. THe server survived through texture stuff ups from all the vehicles and players and mumble going all naff and we’ve gone to 12 hours restarts. The only hitching we get now is from the anti cheat we use which is apparently discord API related. I can only imagine how much better it will be once all the other addons are merged and we update every other 3rd party resource following those principals. Seriously great work Linden.

Lmao.

Even once we get the inventory out of the way and start working on all the modules that rely on it, it’s got a while to go before it can be called “ready to use”; even then that will only be for actual developers.

Full features are a long way off.

One thing I’m keen to know is, with esx_property using esx_addon_inventory and esx_addonaccount resources are property inventories shared amongst all the characters a player has?

It says there is no such export as getIdentity :man_shrugging:

What are you talking about? I’m talking of completly ditching the arrows and use a drop down fast selection combobox. I’ve done it and it’s working with arms. The only thing I still couldn’t figure it out was how to set the arms on the selection on entering into the shop.

same. followed the instructions per the config to integrate identity and I get callback does not exist for callback cui_character:getIdentity.

How did you get the addon clothes to work? If that is what you did. I am currently trying to play with the arms to try and get them to show up but still kinda new to this so all I got was it to show on the ui

Hi guys, I’ve been trying to add a function that lets you change the clothes colors, is there a way to do this? if so, can y’all please send me the guide or function to add it?

That’s not at all what you said. You said you were “trying to build an arms dictionary” and what I linked is exactly that - main top (coponent 11) drawable numbers assigned to valid arm (component 3) value groups.

What resource is this error listed in?
That’s very strange, it means you are trying to use getIdentity in some other resource.
If that’s really what you want to do, you should open cui_character fxmanifest.lua and add ‘getIdentity’ to exports.

Only way I can think of for this to happen is that if you’ve made a mistake like didn’t set EnableESXIdentityIntegration to true or did set StandAlone to true while using esx.

I think its none of the two, im pretty sure this isn’t compatible with the new esx_legacy that was released like 10 days ago (GitHub - esx-framework/esx-legacy: Consolidated esx-legacy files into one repo for easy download since we will not support it)

I’ve followed the instructions as well, and i can’t seem to get it to work, i’ll leave you the errors that i get on the console

neither case is true. enableesx is true, standalone is false, and the changes were made /shrug.

question: could this error arise if the character already exists? I wonder if I made a new character if it’d make a difference.

Can this be made so players have to pay in-game cash to change clothes?

Has anyone edited it so that you can select the model of a “over” t-shirt; then, select the texture separately?

I had to change a lot of the code. converted bags to arms. On client you have prop number on bags changed it to 3 (arms) and it lists a good amount of them… Removed the limitation on only named props and ditched (for now) the blacklist. Talking about the Dictionary, I had a speed run on making the server ready to use and I would release it on next update for it. About the arms all I know is 1st number is 3 then… all others are from 0 to 194. but… from 0 to 15 it’s all the arms. I started the creation of the dictionary. But doing this:
|0|0|
|1|0|
|2|2|
|3|14|
|4|14|
|5|5|
|6|14|
|7|14|
|8|0|
|9|0|
|10|14|
|11|5|
|12|6|
|13|0|
|14|8|

We are talking of doing this for 360 items. So it’s not just flicker of a finger

Could someone help me with the installation of this? I’ve noticed that the readme for the esx_identity is somewhat out-of-date and I’m stuck. Any help would be much appreciated!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue here

We are also getting this error. Followed all the instructions using the latest esx-legacy. I can login, customize the character, but when I hit accept it errors in the console and doesn’t go any further.

I have found somewhat of a workaround, super buggy tho, and plus, when someone now tries to get a new uniform (say from the police job) their faces become incredibly glitchy and the geometry fucks itself up.

Honestly, it would be cool if it was just a character creator, that inputted the skin in the table “skin” in users. And would be nice if we could only call it via a trigger, so that we can ignore all the stupid compatibility with esx_skin and skinchanger, and have it so after we create the identity, we trigger the creator, we make our character and we’re done with it. So we can still use Skinchanger and so on.

This is honestly brilliant looking, but its just a pain when it comes to esx_skin and skinchanger

1 Like

how do I change this trigger so that the clothes change? in the police job

I change to this TriggerEvent (‘cui_character:updateClothes’, uniformObject, false, false)
does not work

2 Likes