[RELEASE] CleanUI (cui) character

This is not possible. You can’t leave esx_skin or skinchanger enabled or they will destroy/overwrite all the additional character customization that cui_character implements and they don’t (for example face shape and face blending).

I’m not 100% sure, but I suspect the face glitches you describe with policejob might be exactly that - policejob using skinchanger or esx_skin under the hood.

As for esx_legacy, I’ll setup a new clean test server with it and try to make cui_character compatible.

EDIT:

I’ve setup a vanilla esx_legacy server and I’ve noticed esx_skin has been updated and data needed for face shape and mixing looks to be there now. I’ll try to update cui_character to be compatible with whatever format is used there.

I’ll test to see if it’s possible to make cui_character a “drop in” replacement for skinchanger and esx_skin.

6 Likes

Ah, my apologies, i didn’t actually know that. Its quite interesting tho, because even if i disable Skinchanger and esx_skin, and use cui_character as a “replacement”, whenever you change clothes your character practically changes sex which i thought was quite funny. But yeah im sure you’re right, it has to do with the new esx_skin.

Btw, thank you so much for your support, you’re doing an amazing job here

1 Like

Not Just Policejob all the jobs that require Uniforms not getting correct uniforms , I have the same Issue which @majichero having… my peds change from male to femlae when I try to load the uniforms… Dont know whats the Fix?

2 Likes

Hi. I really like your work also I love to use it but with the esx_multicharacters it’s not working at all. my server running on esx_legacy. could you please tell me is there any way to make this work with esx_multcharacters?

Would it be possible to trigger the menu by walking into a blip?

Same issue here

Is it working with es legacy version?

Not as of now, i think Psyche (the creator) is trying to update the resource to make it work with the new version.

1 Like

when I choose top clothes for a female character, and an open navel, you choose under the clothes(point 2) no, then the character who dresses does not display everything correctly, but the others have the texture of a T-shirt sticking out

Has anyone figured out how to add the other “non gloved arms”.

I added arms, my first option is no gloves, but everything after has gloves :frowning:

UPDATE:

I’ve implemented basic compatibility with esx legacy and esx_mutlicharacter on the dev branch. Report any problems with it and I’ll try to fix them.

In this new version, esx_identity integration is greatly simplified, make sure to check out new instructions in shared/config.lua.

Currently cui_wardrobe will not work with this new version. I’ll try to update it with the new preview system used on the dev branch as soon as I can.

There is a known problem with esx_weaponshop where if you buy a weapon and then make a change to your character’s model, the weapon will stop showing in your inventory and weapon wheel until you restart. I’ve tested this with vanilla esx_skin instead of cui_character and this problem happens there as well.

3 Likes

So I’ve downloaded the dev branch and I’m no longer getting the message that the “server callback does not exist”. However, after creating the character, the skin menu comes up. I’m pretty sure I’m doing something wrong.

1 Like

Ahh esx loadouts are a wonderful thing. Triggering esx:restoreloadout after changing model should solve it.

You’re supposed to disable esx_skin and skinchanger if you are using cui_character.

In resource’s fxmanifest if you see any other resource names in provide table, this means that the resource is intended to completely replace those listed resources and provide their functionality itself.

It is triggered and that does not help.

I even tried snapshotting the loadout before changing the model, but that does not work either, because esx_weaponshop does not modify the database when buying a weapon until player leaves the server.

You can reproduce it easily to see for yourself without cui_character, just using esx_skin, skinchanger and esx_weaponshop:

1. Buy a weapon then check it’s in your inventory and weapon wheel.
  2. Open esx_skin menu with the /skin command and change your character’s gender.
  3. Check your inventory and/or weapon wheel again, the newly purchased weapon will not be there (as long as you didn’t log out between steps 1 and 2)

Time for me to have a look at the ol’ git-blame. Loadouts in ESX are a complete nightmare :laughing:

xPlayer.addWeapon triggers two client events (one to show weapon in the inventory, another to actually give the weapon), except it isn’t added to ESX.PlayerData.

Edit: No surprises here.

Hey, so i’ve tried the dev branch, and it seemed to be working alright, but when you try to change clothes with any job, your character becomes bald and the clothes are all fucked up.

I’ve also tried to change clothes on the clothes shops (im using esx_eden_clotheshop) but it doesn’t work. I know you’re probably supposed to adapt the script to use cui_character, but then you’ll lose the ability to charge money for changing clothes?

Oh and also, i have a “refresh ped” script, that refreshes your ped and removes any blood stains etc, but that also doesn’t seem to be working with this. There may be a lot of functions from skinchanger and esx_skin that this script doesn’t have

Thank you again for your support btw

2 Likes

Hey I am trying to use brb-appearance with cui and I keep getting this error when I re-log into the server, it happens when I trying to relog with a PED saved as my last skin

If anyone can get this working with QB, let me know! Would love to work it but i’m not comfortable trying to convert scripts myself…

Could you add ped support to this?

did you finish woredrobe?