[RELEASE] CleanUI (cui) character

I personally having some troubles when they are installed. Random errors when trying to register new accounts or sometimes weird glitches when in cloakrooms.
So I decided to get rid of them. After that no problems where noticed.

There’s your problem most likely. Config.StandAlone is for when you don’t use esx. If you use esx it should be set to false.

Ummm… it’s entirely optional and it even is disabled by default. If you don’t turn it on then it’s just what you want - only a character creator that does not care about any identity data.

This code has nothing to do with spawning, it’s a distance check to the locations that allow editing your character, so the marker can be spawned and the controls are enabled when player is close enough.

If you have a problem with spawning it’s a problem with whatever resource handles the spawn. If you use esx, it handles the spawn, if you use extendedmode or don’t use any framework, FiveM’s default spawnmanager handles the spawn.

Anyone got a fix for this? Experiencing the same. This only occurs when esx_skin compatabiltiy is enabled.
Forgot to comment in esx in the fxmanifest!

Yeah I really can’t get this to work with ESX. The camera just flies into the sky like a loading screen and just sits there.
I get the xPlayer error because when I create a new character it wants me to register, which opens up ESX_Skin menu.

Furthermore it looks like I’m getting some mysql rtimedout error.
If by chance I do get in game, my input freezes when /input is used and sometimes using “/revive 1” works, which will allow me to open the Clean UI menu - however despite all that, I get an in-game “cannot save” the customizations.

Guess I’m a bit over my head here!

Hello I have a problem. It is I think of your script, When I finish the creation of the character and I get to click OK, I get the error “Server callback” cui_character: updateIdentity "does not exist look at the code and if it exists, any solution?

Hello, did you ever figure out how to setup your jobs without skinchanger and esx_skin?

very nice idea!

Nicely done i hope more people will start to use this since this looks more advanced then the base editors

Your script is excellent. I think it is not necessary to waste time making names compatible. Perhaps you could go for the typical number system, and if the creator of a server wanted to add a name to those numbers, give him the ability to configure labels in a config.

I admire your idea, but the numbers [and possible future labels] are more practical.

1 Like

Thanks @Pained_Psyche for the awesome script. For most cases, the script works like a charm but sometimes it has its own share of problems.

Two such instances are: (I went through the whole thread but couldn’t find or maybe among the long list of comments, have skipped the solution, do forgive me if the issue is already fixed)

1. During the 1st boot of the server, the player who hops on 1st might not see the identity part of the Character maker and the color palette for the hair and other parts also wont be available if it bugs out for some case. (Not a consistent bug, I found this 4 times among a total test of 10 times)

2. Work clothes don’t load up properly with esx_skin and skinchanger plugins also loaded up. Even if the application of work clothes work, I got a distorted head, each and every time (I fixed this issue by disabling the skinchanger plugin and mostly putting the work skin in the SQL Database, and used the functions in the CUI to load up the skin, till now works for me. I guess the main problem was the conflicting skinchanger functions in both the plugins. Problem in this solution is, suppose the police job, since other than work clothes, they have different clothing options as well… clicking on those options lead to total character cosmetic changes.)

If the issues I mentioned have been fixed, please do forgive me for re-reporting bugs which are fixed.

The solution to the *Clothes selection issue related to gloves is to just create some default outfits like GTA Online has. If you were to force gloves on certain pieces of clothing you’ll run into issues of if someone replaces said clothing item or a player wanted to wear a top with said undershirt, it wouldn’t set the correct glove.

And it would also be the least amount of work as well since you’re using pre determined the outfits.

Ive been trying to get this to work for a few days now with a custom framework with no luck :confused:

Is it possible to get wardrobes to save?

You’re a godsent.

Could I theoretically run the standalone on a fresh server and expect it to work or are there any prequisites? I’m asking because nothing happens upon load and I have no player controls.

Ok I found the problem. In the fxmanifest.lua mysql-async is referenced by resource name so I had to rename the “async” folder to “mysql-async”. I also got the latest version of async so maybe that helped.

i can’t use my custom clothes what could be the problem?

When u want to change to job cloth it change me to female how do i fix that

no one has an answer and can please help?

does this have player saved outfits as well