[Release] Brighter+ | Make Police Lights Brighter

Brighter+ | Make Police Lights Brighter

This mod will make your client-side lights much brighter. Keep in mind different vehicles can have different brightness settings. Below I have included some possible reasons why you don't get the same results as I do.

Screenshots/Examples:

https://imgur.com/gallery/SglPHqG

Github Download

If you don’t experience the same results try these:

• Make your PostFX settings higher

• Try a different vehicle to see if it’s a vehicle model issue on your server

• Try a different server. Sometimes servers can have visual packs installed or other resources that will mess with yours.

Rules

1. NEVER EVER EVER re-upload scripts without permission.
  2. Always give credit.

How to install

1. Download the latest file and extract it
  2. In your windows search bar below type %localappdata% and press enter.
  3. Navigate to your FiveM folder and open it.
  4. Follow this path: FiveM.app\citizen\common\data
  5. Drag and drop the visualsettings.dat file into the folder, if you have to replace a file that is fine.

My other work

LEO Training Center

Fire Department Training Center

Customizable Response Commands

Customizable Map Blips

Loading Screen with Background Fade

8 Likes

What all fields did you update? I’ve been trying different light packs to try to learn the file, but don’t have a default file to check against :sweat_smile:

The main fields that change brightness of lights is called #emasive bits

This pack makes things really really dark at night, especially when using the dune2. Do you know which category(ies) may mitigate that?

Do this script also make brighter the other lights?

Like taxi signs on the roof of the car
or vehicle interior dashboard lights

Yes, but you can also customize that in the file.

It’s probably a visual pack you have installed. But if things are too dark you can change the tone mapping and dark light. But it’s complicated. Might be easier to use ReShade or a different visual pack.

How can i do to disable the brighter lights in vehicle dashboards?

It makes imposible to see the speedometer of the nice interior addon cars.

Sounds like a conflicting visual pack. But to turn the brightness down you will want to edit this: c1bace4b31a29dcfe9b40e8b4b397e1041d600df_2_690x374

1 Like

I run the visualmod on my server which has no other visual mods.

Here’s the problem running my visualsettings.dat

Here’s the problem running your visualsettings.dat

I use the dune2 (GTAO car) to highlight it, although you can see it to a lesser extent when I spawn the state2 (non-island car) and an even lesser extent with the 1200rt (also a non-island car).
I did tamper with the dark nights and tone mapping but I didn’t notice a difference flooring them.

Different vehicles have different light textures. I made my mod for the vehicles I use BUT you can adjust these settings to make your car look better:

car.defaultlight.day.emissive.on
car.defaultlight.night.emissive.on
car.defaultlight.day.emissive.on
car.defaultlight.night.emissive.off

V. 2

I have released a hotfix to be more compatible for common visual packs. The main fix is with interior lighting of vehicles being too bright. You can download the latest file from the original link.

just installed your mod. i have a issue dont know if anyone else is. i have no other mods installed gta default accept your visual mod. the gta v vehicles look awesome, but not my addon vehicles i get dullness. not sure whats causing this. some of my other addon cars look awesome and then some do not.

What are your gta graphics set to?

Gta default accept my post fx is on ultra

You can try to raise your other settings but if it works on some addons and some don’t it probably means it’s a vehicle issue.

How can I make this server side? I want the whole server to see this…

You can’t with this mod. It’s only client-sided.

Anyone know of one that does this for server side?

I can’t re download it? For some reason my lights just went flat out dumb