[Release] BaitCarPro

BaitCarPro

A comprehensive networked BaitCar system. Any vehicle can be tagged as a BaitCar with an intuitive menu. BaitCars can be remotely disabled by the player that installed the BaitCar system regardless of who is driving the vehicle. Players are unable to enter/exit a disabled BaitCar, and players inside the vehicle will be given a fake wanted level and an alert.

Video Gfycat Preview

(Here’s the actual link in case embedding breaks: https://gfycat.com/unrealistichandsomeamethystinepython)

Config

Settings can be modified in bcpcl.lua. Not all settings are listed here.

setting default description
useAcePerm false Toggles whether Ace permissions are required to open the menu.
menuControl 246 Sets which control activates the menu. Default is the ‘Y’ key.
showGPS true Toggles whether BaitCar blip is shown on the minimap. Only affects player that installed BaitCar system currently.
alertOnEntry true Displays text reading “BaitCar Occupied” at the bottom of the screen when a suspect has entered the BaitCar.
toggleMouse false Toggles whether menu can be controlled with the mouse.
blipColor 1 Changes color of radar blip for BaitCar. Default is red.
blipRoute true Toggles route to blip on minimap, only seems to display while in a vehicle.
blipHeading true Toggles whether blip shows an indicator for the direction BaitCar is facing.
blipSprite 426 Sets blip sprite on minimap, default is the blip for Insurgents.

Notification text can also be changed in the config, in case you don’t like my wording or wish to translate. Translating the menu will have to be done manually.

Usage

Open the menu with the control button set in the config. Installing the BaitCar system in a vehicle will allow you to remotely disable, unlock, and rearm the BaitCar. Clicking the Video Feed option will display video from a dash cam viewing the interior of the vehicle. If the script breaks due to someone deleting a disabled BaitCar, use the Reset option to reset ALL BaitCar instances in the server.

Dependencies

This script uses NativeUI for the menu, thus the Lua version of NativeUI from FrazzIe is required.

Installation

Clone this repository in your resources folder.
Add start BaitCarPro to your server.cfg.
If using Ace Permissions add the following lines to your server.cfg:

add_ace group.canBait BaitCarPro.open_menu allow
add_principal identifier.steam:STEAM64HEXGOESHERE group.canBait

Make sure to change the placeholder identifier!

Credits

Thanks to @xander1998 for allowing me to modify his Dash Cam functions.
Thanks to @Blumlaut for allowing me to use his version checking functions.

Licensing

You MAY modify this resource to fit your server’s needs.
You MAY NOT release a modified version of this resource without my express written permission.
You MAY NOT claim any part of this resource as your own.
You MAY NOT remove any of the credits from the files or change my file names.
You MAY NOT use this resource for commercial purposes.

Changelog:

v1.0.0

• Initial release

Known Bugs:

• When in submenu, pressing key to open menu opens a second menu underneath. Use Backspace to close menu until fixed

GitHub

Direct Download v1.0.0

Disclaimer: 99% of this code was written at 2 AM while under the influence of various substances. Don’t be upset if there is silly mistakes.

31 Likes

WOW I like it! Thanks for the release and great work!

1 Like

Awesome release. Great to see unique content on the forums every now and then. :wink:

2 Likes

Is this a unique release?! I’m impressed.

I’d love to see the video however, for some reason it tells me (could be my works network settings) The connection was reset.

How difficult would it be to use something other then acePerms as a checker? Something maybe like using a table of Police outfits and checking to see if the ped is wearing that, if they are you can use the menu?

pretty cool script

Streamable doesn’t seem to be cooperating at the moment, ill try to get a working video up soon.

Ace permissions were a last minute change, I was originally using essentialmode permissions but I didn’t want another dependency. Could easily add a skin check in the next update, was just tired of being the only one able to use this :+1:

Nah, sometimes (most of the time) embedding breaks with videos. I provided the direct link so people can view it directly from streamable.com.

Ah, I can’t view Streamable here at work - no harm no fowl.

As for the Ace Permissions, I actually considered building a whole framework around this setup. I just am unsure of the particulars on it.

I’m getting a black screen on the direct link now too, think its just broken lol.

I haven’t used them before either, took me a few tries to get it working properly, but I actually think its a decent system other than the fact it clutters up your server.cfg

2 Likes

called the rp police for possession of illegal substances!!!11!111!

jk, cool script bruh :smiley:

2 Likes

Okay so you are a beast this script is so unique and this is a quality script it not much but wow this is some good stuff m8 i can’t wait to see all the updates and all that

Im going to update this post when i have tested it more

Edit:

Hey so can you add so it only works for specific peds cus atm when i’m civ i dont need this

Siiick. Awesome release @EURoFRA1D the community is going to love this.

1 Like

Just a non-working prototype of what I was htinking…

local skins = {
    "s_m_y_cop_01",
    "s_f_y_cop_01",
    "s_m_y_hwaycop_01",
    "s_m_y_sheriff_01",
    "s_f_y_sheriff_01",
    "s_m_y_swat_01",
    "s_m_y_ranger_01",
    "s_f_y_ranger_01",
}

function isPedAllowed()
    local ped = PlayerPedId()
    for i=1, #skins do
        if GetHashKey(skins[i]) == GetEntityModel(ped) then
            return true
        end
    end
    return false
end

Nice topic layout :wink:
Also, maybe add some way to remotely toggle the alarm/horn? In case you just want to scare off people instead of actually baiting them to get in?

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing! Time to implement this for my police!

Great script, can’t wait to use more of this on the server.

LOL I was inspired :shushing_face:

That’s a cool idea, wanted to add more controls, I’ll put that on the list :+1:

1 Like

Literally entrapment :rofl:

en·trap·mentDictionary result for entrapment

the action of tricking someone into committing a crime in order to secure their prosecution.
"his style of investigation constitutes entrapment"

No one is being tricked into committing a crime, they’re committing the crime under their own power with their own free will.

2 Likes

locking the player into the car is trapping the player inside the car. A play on words…entrapment. Why you so serious?
My gawd…lighten up.