[Release] 5mLoading - Yet Another Loading Screen

Put simply, 5mLoading is yet another loading screen for FiveM.

Put in more detail, 5mLoading is an ever expanding, customizable/hackable, and lightweight loading screen for FiveM. Some of its notable features are:

• A fast music player that supports both YouTube and SoundCloud playlists,
  • Support for an image slideshow to show off pictures of your server or of San Andreas,
  • Your current local time and the time you’ve been waiting to join the server, and:
  • Support for your own server logo, name, and footer contents to customize it to look just how you like it.
Screenshots

You can download 5mLoading, as well as its source, via GitHub. It’s my first mod for FiveM, so I appreciate any and all advice to improve it.

8 Likes

Looks like a nice loading screen, I’ll throw it in my test server and see how I like it.

1 Like

Sounds good! If there’s anything that you think is acting up, let me know and I’ll do my best to get it sorted ASAP.

Lol, Looks like a Roblox Loading Screen! Lmao Nice work

Heh thanks. If you have any ideas on how you think I should improve it, lmk as I want to keep improving it to the best of my ability.

Hey, love the loading screen! Any way you can make the background fade?

1 Like

Thanks! I have been looking into how would be the best way to do this. There are a few ideas I have, but most of them have been requiring some rather janky solutions. I do have it planned for sure though.

If you want, you could watch or star the GitHub repository and it’ll notify you when there’s an update, which means you’ll be quick to see once I get the fade in to work well.

Thanks again for the feedback!

1 Like

I just released v0.3.0, which has the background fading implemented. The download is up and ready to go on GitHub; lmk if you have any other ideas to help improve this loading screen or if you have any issues :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks awesome man! Defo going to throw it onto my test and see what it’s like.

Personally the “your server name” font could be better, but that’s not hard to change!

Thanks for the release :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback! The font used is Inter and is my go-to for just about everything. However, in the future, I might add functionality for users to provide their own font files to be loaded and/or fonts over HTTPS.

How do I change the music in the player? what do i need to look for?

Per the music documentation, you can get more in-depth information on how to switch between Soundcloud and YouTube playlists. Lmk if you have any other questions, ideas, and I’ll do my best to help asap. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@doamatto The only song I can get working is the song the script came with, is this just copyright? I can’t seem to get music or playlists to work.

That is interesting. Make sure that the playlist is not private (it has to be either public or unlisted) and that the songs can be embed.

If the playlist privacy setting is public/unlisted and all the songs are embed-able, please create an issue on GitHub with:

• your configuration,
  • what version of 5mLoading you’re using, and:
  • any relevant errors you see inside of the console (it can be opened using F8).

Edit: I just updated the Music wiki page to have that notice of playlist privacy.

Hope this helps!
- Matt

1 Like

@doamatto thanks I’ve got the music working now from a playlist :grinning:, is there a way to make the music shuffle from the playlist?

It should do so automatically; if not, I’ll fix it and release a patch update later today.

Edit: Upon reading some documentation on both SoundCloud and YouTube’s APIs, it seems playlist shuffling is not one of the native functions. However, I’m great at jerry-rigging thing, so I’ve made an issue on GitHub and have attached a PR to it so you can follow along to see when this gets implemented (it should be done by the end of today or tomorrow).

1 Like

I just released v0.4.0, which includes support for shuffling playlists, per your request. Lmk if there’s anything else that you think should be added or if you have any issues.

Release: https://github.com/doamatto/5m_loading/releases/tag/v0.4.0

1 Like

I just released v0.4.0, which includes the addition of custom font loading support. Lmk if you think anything else should be added or if you have any issues.

Release: https://github.com/doamatto/5m_loading/releases/tag/v0.4.0

1 Like

you are awesome! :grinning:

1 Like

I do my best lad ^^. Only thing I can really ask in return is to keep giving feedback as it comes.

Cheers
- Matt