Recent community concerns

It seems there is a 5 year old meme covering the PLA, you may need to remove it to be able to read it properly.

Yeah it does. I had to remove 1 car once and qb-core’s qb-garage crashed right there disabling any type of garage retrieval. That player, which had the deleted car, in his garage was completely screwed.

The only fix was to delete that vehicle from the SQL table.

So lets go back to what I said before: if you blanket the entire FiveM network with a “Block all branded cars” type of scheme, then unless admins go through their SQL tables, their servers are screwed.

Yes, I’m well aware FiveM can check all our resources even if it’s obfuscated by names changes etc.

The time required to track down 2000+ vehicles, remove them … in a way that you don’t piss off all the players for all their grinding, is going to be near catastrophic. By the time it’s all rectified, several days will have gone by and more than likely lost players won’t come back.

Please go back and remember what I first posted: “A system-wide blanket blocking of TOS offending resources, will destroy the vast majority of the servers. The only solution is a gradual transition.” Which many servers are already doing. But it takes time.

If this “ban all by FiveM” approach was really viable? It would’ve been done already!

Again, YOU’VE LITERALLY HAD MONTHS TO GET COMPLIANT. There is no excuse anymore. You should’ve solved it ages ago. This is on you.

2 Likes

There is actually a very simple answer to why said server gets some “special” treatment. The server name is trademarked.

Hard to have even a shred of sympathy for servers who have been directly benefiting from trademarked/infringing assets for years and propelling their servers into not only being successful but also profitable businesses in many cases.

You are breaking the law. You are using 2000+ assets you do not own which are stolen from other games representing brands that do not provide you with licensing to use those assets. If you can’t take a few days to review your resources for branded vehicles, take a list and review the table and codebase to replace offending vehicles to come into compliance maybe you should not be running a server in the first place.

I hope things change and the PLA infringements begin to mean being taken offline until compliance is met.

1 Like

Months since Cfx explicitly changed the terms to state no branded assets, even.

The TOS always stated you must be authorised to transfer/distribute assets to clients, and this was further clarified by Cfx and especially nta in November 2022. That is over 14 months for people to pull their heads out of the dirt and start removing infringing content from their servers.

The User Generated Content is copyrighted by their respective owner, and the provider of Game Servers asserts that they are authorized to transfer said content to the Users, and, allows CitizenFX to distribute, adapt and/or modify the User Generated Content through automated systems, or other means

and nta’s clarification:

if you’re not authorized to transfer content (e.g. a model/texture - worse if taken from another game! - or a digital representation of a trademarked item) to the users, you’re… not authorized to do so.

See the following posts.

1 Like

No, this was during the switch. Nex corrected the issues one by one and brought the server back online. It wasn’t DDOS.

It wasn’t easy because:

1. We were the first “mainstream” server of our type to comply with the PLA, so people understood less that this was a platform thing and not just an RSM thing. This led to us being a massive punching bag, soaking in all the hate, abuse, frustration and so on that came from regular freeroam players. The hope here was that all freeroam servers would be enforced at the same time, spreading all of this abuse outwards, and making it more apparent to players that this is something that all servers will need to go through.
  2. The deadline that we were given in September was the end of December, but that deadline didn’t match up with the deadlines that any of both the servers I was asked to report as well as the only other popular freeroam server that we’re in direct competition with. Hence why I’m kicking up such a fuss about how there’s unfair treatment going on (which there is) because that was a significant problem that Cfx.re didn’t seem to care about.

The abuse received from the community

Our server didn’t crash because of outfits, and most DDoS attacks were mitigated, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t still impactful. The frequency of the attacks increased more than ten fold after we became compliant and we even received death threats and were harassed because of it. We even had players joining our server just to tell everyone in chat that x server was better and that ours was “dead” because x server still had their infringing content. You can probably guess which server was so commonly spoken about - no hate or disrespect towards them, they are genuinely cool people, I just wish that things went a more balanced way and that’s all on Cfx.re.

Our discussions with Cfx.re regarding PLA compliance

During our talks with Cfx.re, which we reached out to first, not the other way around (as a certain element once tried to spin it as), it remained professional up until the point where we started noticing these deadline differences. After all the reassurances that we were given that people would be treated fairly, we caught on that this wasn’t the case, and after that it felt to me like they were trying to sweep my entire situation under the carpet just like what they’re trying to do with these threads here on the forum. Their reasoning for treating us differently was because our server name had Rockstar in it. When I reached out in September I brought this up and asked for permission to continue using it, they said no in October and I immediately started changing our branding for it - that’s a big deal for us, because we’ve always been known for our name. I had no issue with changing our branding nonetheless and got the majority of it done by mid November, yet they didn’t bother turning around and adjusting the deadline to meet with the one given to other servers. I was entirely respectful and compliant with every demand they made, and made the effort to reach out to them about certain topics to get them resolved, yet they didn’t have the ounce of respect to tell us that we were being prioritised (as they say) because of the branding issue before we started noticing the unfairness involved in it.

The PLA and its future for my community

Complying with the PLA is the way forward, and we were genuinely looking forward to leaving our bad history of infringement behind and starting anew content-wise so that we can focus more on vehicle balancing and other things related to content that was just in a complete mess due to years of built-up trash. It’s just unfortunate that the care that was sworn to be taken months ago has not been taken at all, and there’s nothing from Cfx.re apologising for it, other than “I understand your frustration but this is happening” (paraphrasing).

Rockstar had nothing to do with the treatment

I will say here that the Rockstar employee that I spoke to during our talks was respectful and professional, but the element that I was mainly interacting with has had an awful attitude and didn’t show a single bit of respect in the time where it was needed. I know some of you will be reading this thinking “well at least he got some form of communication with Cfx.re”, and true, I agree that things could be worse, but things could also be better (and for everyone, not just us) if more care got put into this entire thing as it should have from the beginning. I pushed for and was reassured that everyone will be treated as fair as possible but that never happened, and looking at other servers on the platform it also seems they were given some form of odd treatment too, long before our time came.

Special treatment with a certain popular RP server

The special treatment with YesPixel has been apparent for the last year or two, and yes, they have a trademark, congrats - but that’s no excuse to not try and do the right thing by providing tools and options for the community to deal with the issues that YesPixel have been dealing with, including stolen assets, “YesPixel-inspired” releases (what’s even the point of blocking this if it’s not stolen?), misleading servers, and more.

Our assets actively being stolen while Cfx.re ignore the concern

I’d also like to add that we’ve been dealing with our own assets being actively stolen and being used on other servers too, and that I’ve actually reached out to Cfx.re repeatedly since September (again) to get some action taken against these cases as well as to fix a bug that will allow us to block this type of unauthorized use. I got a response in September when I first brought it to attention, saying “I’ll bring this up in the next meeting next week and get back to you about it” (paraphrasing) - but every time I’ve brought it up and bumped it after that point has resulted in no response whatsoever. If only we were a branch of YesPixel would these reports be taken seriously, I wonder :upside_down_face:

The end, for now

We’ve been a part of this project for almost 5 years now, helping to pave the way for high population servers as we were the only server out of a small group of others that were actually bothering to test changes for the platform. We were the first community server on the entire platform to achieve 700 concurrent players on one server back in early 2021, and we, as well as many other communities through the years, worked with Cfx.re relentlessly to improve the platform into what it is today.

And now here we are, shutting down our server until Cfx.re responds with an actual explanation for all of the concerns that we’ve presented to them - not just some generic PR template - an actual, good, deep-explaining statement just like the good old days. Until then, the entire future of my personal income (as far as this platform is concerned) is in their hands - let’s see how they value that.

23 Likes

Funny how a single brainlet managed to derail this important thread

4 Likes

Is there any reason why people on the FiveM team are not considered Rockstar employees? Why the differentiation between “The Rockstar employee I talked to” and “cfx.re team”?

The funny thing about all this “special treatment” stuff is that this was actually attempted to be addressed years ago with creating of the Server Owners - Cfx.re Community area. This has quite literally never been used to facilitate communication with cfx.re and the server owners. But nope, gotta scrap that unless you are the top 1% of servers that somehow get magical communication with the cfx.re team.

There has always been an “inner circle” group of people in this community. Before it wasn’t as bad because we actually got responses from the team (mostly nta).

Shit I even proposed years ago to setup a discord for server-owners when OneSync was coming out and they needed solid testers and feedback. Nta would push breaking changes because he didn’t have good tests done from a decent range and type of servers. So many suggestions were made on how to setup/facilitate a good environment to give feedback that didn’t involve trying to slog through the (at the time) heaps of t0xic and racist shit posts in the main discord.

I don’t think there is any official server owner discord except the old engineering group.

The closest thing to that is probably the txAdmin Top Server Lounge where you can get access if your server is among the top 500 servers worldwide by player count or have a high ranking resource that is being used by 100s of servers. They have something like 200 servers in there and sometimes cfx members show up there. Tabarra also helps some servers every now and then.

If you want to join you need to go in the txAdmin discord and use the /server command or /resource find to see if you are in the top 500.

I am aware…

That’s not even close to what I said though. I think you misread my post.

Exactly this! It has been over a year since there was clarification about branded content. The only excuse is server owners were too lazy to read the ToS and now they want to make some lame excuse about why it’s too hard to remove them.

I understand that, but that went out the window when he sold Cfx. He no longer owns it.

A huge issue that many have also pointed out. Lack of communication and who actually does something for Cfx. A great example is I submitted a key increase request in November, with over 60 views from I’m assuming moderators or people who can approve it but not a single thing was done. What do these people even do? How many more people are part of this project and have the ability but don’t contribute in any way whatsoever? Nobody even knows who does what around here, it’s all up to best guesses.

You can sell your company and still continue working there, that’s no excuse here.

You can also sell your company and be removed and not expect to stay working for it

1 Like

Yes, let’s remove the main mind behind the entirety of Cfx, the person who did more than the current team combined has done?

Fairly certain it was sold with agreements in place where nta would keep working on it along with the team, but alas.

Anyway, I don’t want this thread to continue down the road of the old thread and end up locked.

We just want clarity and communication coming from the Cfx team, a lot of it regarding ToS related issues amongst other things. Which there has been none, at least before there was some form of communication, no matter if it was bad or good.

I’m sure being acquired by R* involved lots of NDA and other contracts. You say you don’t blame R* for this. But who do you think is pulling CFX’s strings these days?