[ps-els] [STANDALONE] The Best ELS & Non-ELS Light/Siren Control Script

Introduction:

  Introducing ps-els, the most comprehensive solution for ELS vehicle lighting on all of FiveM.

  ELS has had a rough history on FiveM, as it was designed for single-player use on LSPDFR, never really being intended for use on FiveM. Thankfully, after spending much time researching and improving, I can present to you all ps-els!

Preview:

View a Preview Video Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc3vnRC1avk

      

Feature Rundown:

• Zero-Configuration required to setup
      - The only thing you have to do is copy the ELS xml file for each vehicle into the required vcf folder.
  • Configurable patterns - Comes with 4 Default Patterns
      - Standard Pattern
      - Left Pattern
      - Right Pattern
      - Steadyburn Pattern
  • Configurable Pattern Speed
  • Configurable Environmental Light Brightness
  • Compatible with Server-Sided Sirens
  • Perfectly Synced with all clients
  • Toggle-able UI

Performance Breakdown:

Show Performance

This is the performance of the script at idle. No ELS cars spawned, not in a vehicle. The performance is also the same when in any vehicle that is not ELS.

This is the performance when near an ELS vehicle without the lights on.

This is the performance when driving an ELS vehicle, without the lights on.

This is the performance when inside and ELS vehicle with the lights on.

This is the performance when near an ELS vehicle with the lights on.

This is the performance when near 3 ELS vehicles with their lights on.

Here is LVC/Luxart Non-ELS Performance for Reference

This is the performance of LVC at idle. No cars spawned, not in a vehicle. This is the same performance when near a car with lights on/off.

This is the performance of LVC when driving a Non-ELS emergency vehicle.

All things considered, ps-els is the most performance ELS script released on FiveM. This script is being ran on San Andreas County RP which averages 120+ players during the week, and they have had a pleasant experience with the script so far.

The Big Advantage:

One of the biggest pitfalls of Non-ELS vehicles is that they require carcols. ELS does not use carcols.

Why is this important?

Well, a common issue of any relatively popular server is that they have issues with lights not working. This is because there is a hard coded limit of about 200 or so siren ids, the thing that controls the lights.

This means that you can now have an infinite amount of police cars!

Questions?

If you have any questions, please ask them below. I will be updating the post with a Frequently asked Questions section as I receive them.

Purchase

View a Preview Video Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc3vnRC1avk

Buy now on Tebex: https://platinumscripts.tebex.io/category/ps-els

Updates

New Update.2023-05-13T21:10:00Z

• Fixed a UI bug where it would sometimes flicker
  • Added the ability to move & resize the UI
  • Added optional headlight flasher

New Update.2023-05-21T17:35:00Z

• JSON VCF Support: Added experimental support for some special versions of ELS cars that use .json files instead of .xmls.
  • Experimental ENV Lighting: Added an option to enable the new experimental Environmental Lighting. Players can also type /env2 to enable or disable as well.
Config.experimentalEnv = {
    enabled = false,
    -- this runs appx 2x less performance than the normal env lights.
    -- this is a work in progress, it's not perfect yet.
    -- if you have any suggestions on how to improve this, please let me know.
    intensity = 1, -- if intensity is over 9000 then the lights will be more of an experience.
    distance = 12.0, -- How far should the environment lights be? (float)
    brightness = 6.0, -- How bright should the environment lights be? (float)
    hardness = 0.25, -- How hard should the environment lights be? (float)
    radius = 65.0, -- How big should the environment lights be? (float)
    falloff = 0.05, -- How fast should the environment lights fade? not the best way to describe it, just google it. (float)
}

New Update ps-els: 2023-06-11T03:40:00Z

• Added some error checks to prevent console spam
  • Added infinite loop crash protection
  • Changed some default configuration

New Update ps-els: 2023-12-07T20:09:00Z

• This update enables the option to allow front seat passengers to control Lights, Siren, & Horn while the driver can focus on their duties!

• Additionally, a new option allows a much easier way to manage and assign custom sirens.
    – Assign a siren with one line of code
    – Add a new siren pack in under five minutes with a tool such as SirenSharp by @BJDubb !

New Update ps-els: 2023-12-15T21:27:00Z

• New update is available on keymaster! This update seeks to optimize the script further, reaching a 0.01/0.02ms idle in driver seat of an els vehicle, and a 0.01ms idle outside of an els vehicle.
  • This update also brings a new environment lighting mode, which brings ELS to LIFE! See a preview here.
  • Thanks to this update it is safe to say that ps-els is the best choice in ELS on FiveM!

New Update ps-els: 2023-12-28T23:00:00Z

• Bug Fixes & Optimizations to the ELS part of the script.
  • Vehicle Indicators/Turn Signals have been added.
  • Added a Dual Siren feature so you can have two sirens playing on each car.
  • Added an option to mute siren when the driver steps out of the vehicle.
  • Added the ability to disable UI sounds
  • Added Non-ELS Vehicle Compatibility featuring the same ELS UI, controls, and 6 siren tones!
    • To use Non ELS vehicles, simply remove your existing Non-ELS siren script!
    • The performance of the script did not decrease by adding this feature, however your overall performance will increase by removing your current slow performing Non-ELS script!
  • Customer Discord available on Tebex.

Code is accessible No
Subscription-based No
Lines (approximately) 7500+
Requirements None
Support Yes
1 Like

Good job on the performance upgrade, but still lacks directional environmental lighting like non-ELS does have.

If it wasnt for the bad performance or lack of directional lighting I probably wouldn’t have switched to non-ELS.

Since performance seems to be upgraded, I hope to see some directional lighting, and who knows I might switch back to ELS.

1 Like

Will this work in conjunction with Non-ELS cars and LVC?

2 Likes

Is it possible to contact privately on discord about something important? @PlatinumScripts

Yes! It has an export that can be provided to Luxart to see if it is ELS :slight_smile:

I’d be glad to assist!

The thing is, the more emmissive lighting we add, the more performance we would lose. I could maybe add something like this that you can enable or disable, however I’d have to look more into it. Maybe you can PM me some video examples?

1 Like

Sure, join the discord linked to my tebex and shoot me a dm!

New Update.2023-05-13T21:10:00Z

ps-els:

• Fixed a UI bug where it would sometimes flicker
  • Added the ability to move & resize the UI
  • Added optional headlight flasher

Hey mate! Good work, does this support json els files by any chance?

Hey, that could be done relatively easily. if you could join my discord on my tebex and send me a few examples I can see what I can cook up.

So, the reason I left ELS back in the day was because of the repair bug. Is this still a case since I’ve tried for a long time to find a way around it but never found an efficient way except changing all ELS vehicles to use modkits instead which seems to have this resolved.

No repair bug here! Crash away!

New Update.2023-05-21T17:35:00Z

ELS Update:

JSON VCF Support: Added experimental support for some special versions of ELS cars that use .json files instead of .xmls.
Experimental ENV Lighting: Added an option to enable the new experimental Environmental Lighting. Players can also type /env2 to enable or disable as well.

Video Preview: https://streamable.com/3snws6

Config Option for ENV Lighting

Config.experimentalEnv = {
    enabled = false,
    -- this runs appx 2x less performance than the normal env lights.
    -- this is a work in progress, it's not perfect yet.
    -- if you have any suggestions on how to improve this, please let me know.
    intensity = 1, -- if intensity is over 9000 then the lights will be more of an experience.
    distance = 12.0, -- How far should the environment lights be? (float)
    brightness = 6.0, -- How bright should the environment lights be? (float)
    hardness = 0.25, -- How hard should the environment lights be? (float)
    radius = 65.0, -- How big should the environment lights be? (float)
    falloff = 0.05, -- How fast should the environment lights fade? not the best way to describe it, just google it. (float)
}

Updates

ps-els: 2023-06-11T03:40:00Z

• Added some error checks to prevent console spam
  • Added infinite loop crash protection
  • Changed some default configuration

im new to ELS stuff is this the same controls as LVC cause im hating the ELS controls in most scripts and does this allow only 1 stage? for lights? cause even when ELS - FiveM you have the activation set to auto still goes through all the stages

Hi @PlatinumScripts , I recently bought ps-els. The discord link on tebex is expired. I have a number of questions about ps-els. Can I send it to you privately?

Support via discord was removed due to abuse. Send over a dm!

I installed the plugin but I no can see the functionality

ps-els: 2023-12-07T20:09:00Z
This update enables the option to allow front seat passengers to control Lights, Siren, & Horn while the driver can focus on their duties!

Additionally, a new option allows a much easier way to manage and assign custom sirens.

• Assign a siren with one line of code
  • Add a new siren pack in under five minutes with a tool such as SirenSharp by @BJDubb !

1 Like

Additionally, customers who wish to use LVC/Non-ELS and ps-els/ELS at the same time are encouraged to DM me for a customized version of LVC, free of charge.

This custom version of LVC comes with some optimizations as well as the same siren management system introduced in this update!