Popcornrp-customs - a free to use and modify Benny's vehicle customization resource!

Blips can now be customized via config, thank you Artichy :+1:

how do i become whitelisted im looking to make a new server my home?

Hey I am having a problem in my server where I choose my horn for my car and I park it and take it out and it goes back to the default horn and it doesn’t seem to be saving the horn choice in the database as well because I can change the number then go rebuy the horn and the number will stay the same as if it was never actually changed.

Could you please help me today with this issue?

You need the provide more information, this doesn’t seem to be an issue reported with other people.

Provide any f8 error messages both client and server side. Possibly a video of the issue.

I will get a video right now

Hey sorry about the wait. I just got around to doing it. Here is my video.

No errors in either console either.

Is this happening with all vehicles and all vehicle parts?

It’s potentially an issue with the new QB-Garages as well, not saving the horn/settings set by customs. I assume this is the newest qb-garages, not familiar with this UI.

Could you try another garage system potentially? Something like GitHub - Lunar-Scripts/lunar_garage: Highly optimized garage system that allows you to add as many garages as you wish! (car, boat, air) and see if the issue is potentially with the garage system.

I’m sorry man but id really like to stay with qb-garages considering I have other scripts that work around that as well for my cars. Is there a way to possibly try and get it to work for qb-garages when you have the chance to? I’m not in a rush so whenever you get the chance to try and fix it for qb-garages could you? I’ll test it out on other vehicles right now and let you know. But I really am needing to stick with qb-garages. All other customizations stick with the car when I make changes and park the vehicle it saves but horn won’t save.

Seems that the horn is the only issue. Everything else saves but horn not.

Most of these garage scripts replace QB garages and have compatibility for it.

I understand that but I really would like to just keep my qb-garages script. So if at all you can look at it when you get the chance will you please let me know? Sorry for the hassle but I just really want to just keep qb-garages. I am in no rush for it either. Just whenever you are able to. Thanks…

I’ve asked you to try another garage script for testing, you can always return to qb garages afterwards. If you are unable to do so you are on your own for trouble shooting. The reason I have asked you to test with another system is to see if it’s the newest qb garages that has the issue.

Edit:

We are using the older version of qb-garages (modified slightly):

and it’s not an issue. If you can test it with another garage resource, please do, as I suspect it’s the new QB-Garages that is not saving the horn. If it was popcornrp-customs it wouldn’t save when you set the horn through the menu.

If a car is put into a garage then taken out of that garage with the wrong features, that means whatever is spawning the vehicle is causing the issue, not the custom resources. I would submit this issue on the QB-Garages github or check the snippets section of QB discord for any fixes.

My vehicles that I had changed my horns on before I updated the qb-garages still have the horn saved to them when I pull them out. Just new cars that I save to my garage now after i updated qb-garages won’t keep the horn. Forgot to mention that before.

That and all other stuff you have mentioned seem to indicate that this is an issue with qb-garages. You most likely have to file an issue with QB-Garages and hope it gets fixed.

I don’t recommend you use any of the base QBcore resources unless you can fix them yourself. There are already plenty of garage resources (like the one I linked you) that replace QB-Garages without using a new database.

Could you send me your version of qb-garages? I honestly prefer the older version better anyways and then I won’t have to go through the hassle of trying to get the qbcore dev to fix the qb-garages.

Find an old fork: Forks ¡ qbcore-framework/qb-garages ¡ GitHub

I recommend you don’t use it, and pick something up like the one I sent you earlier. There are much better, free alternatives out there.

Curious i had troubles finding the fork for esx, how could i set it up, i see the options just a little unsure how to move forward, thanks ahead!

It’s a fork, you can click the link in the readme:

1 Like