Passive Mode

Allow players to enter/leave passive mode (like in GTA Online)

Put your players in control of RDM by giving them the ability to choose to enter and leave passive mode!

• Players can use a simple /passive command to enter and leave passive mode
  • when in passive mode, the player cannot attack or be attacked
  • a 60 second cooldown timer (changeable) to prevent players from switching too quickly
  • Standalone script, No dependencies

Update 0.0.2

• added a config file to configure cooldown timer and chat command

Update 0.0.3

• added a config to set whether the player starts off in passive mode or not
  • added an on screen label that displays “passive mode enabled” when in passive mode
  • added a client side export that returns if the player is in passive mode or not
    (exports.PassiveMode:passiveModeEnabled() will return true or false )

Update 0.0.4

• added on screen “passive mode enabled” text with configurable x,y position
  • added configurable safe zones , players will be placed in passive when they enter them and cannot fire their weapons until they leave
  • added export to get if a player is inside a safe zone (exports.PassiveMode:isInSafeZone() will return true or false)

This resource is now free

3 Likes

is this compatible with the carol from cheshire script?

Very optimized and useful script for great value :+1:

1 Like

Could you please include a config to adjust the cooldown timer? Would be handy to be able to change that. Thanks!

great release for a standalone script!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, I have added a new version with a config.

Thanks!

Script is protected by the Asset Escrow system?

Sorry, I have updated the fxmanifest to not protect the config file.

what the ms when idle and using? is their an export function ?

I have not measured the the ms but thanks for the suggestion of an export function. I have added an client side export function in the latest version which will return whether or not the player is in passive mode.

I just downloaded v0.0.03 and the Config.lua file is encrypted?

apologies , I have reuploaded it

1 Like

Any plans making this script work for servers that have PvP enabled?

1 Like

Hi , the script has a configurable option to have passive mode enabled or disabled by default.

Yes, but passive mode doesnt work if the server has PvP enabled (via vMenu or vBasic for example). Players still can get shot.

hey so does this work with vehicles to stop ppl from going into passive mode and vdming? like would the car go through the person?

hi , this script currently doesn’t handle that but it’s something i may add in the future

if you have other scripts setting the players ability to attack or take damage then I cannot do anything about that I’m afraid.

I use this in my server with vMenu and PvP enabled and the passive mode script works fine.

Is it possible to translate into another language?