[PAID] [QB/ESX] r14-evidence | An expanded and enhanced evidence script for FiveM

Hey all,

Ten months past release, we are coming up on a year and still going strong! After starting life as a heavy modification of qb-policejob that intended to optimize resource usage, add additional features, and improve the quality of life for police roleplayers, r14-evidence has grown into a complete and total refactor which has been converted to run framework independent! By default, this script is set up to function with either QB Core or ESX Legacy (REQUIRES ox_inventory, ox_lib, and ox_target), but also has the ability to interface with standalone frameworks that are capable of providing a unique character identifier via configurable functions in the scripts config.

This script is not escrowed, and you are free to modify and expand it to suit your server’s needs.

Updated video preview can be found here

Original video preview can be found here

Evidence is collecting using a flashlight, here we can see casings, blood, vehicle fragments, and bullet trajectories on this crime scene, along with resmon value for this particular scene

The same scene, viewed through the Nikoff G600 evidence camera included in the script, providing Tracking ID’s and evidence information, and allowing police to automatically upload them to discord!

In your inventory, evidence bags show more information such as tracking ID’s for matching them to photos taken with the camera, date and tiem of collection, and more accurate calibers for casings

Police are able to sweep cars for evidence, including blood, fingerprints, casings, lock tamperings, and ignition tamperings

Using an evidence bag will now create a menu where you can copy relevant information and add/delete notes

The camera user interface, allowing users to select upload channels for discord, share photos in game, and copy/paste the url without leaving FiveM

Police can bag weapons in their inventory into evidence bags for proper cataloguing while also allowing them to copy/paste information from them.

What’s Included:

• DLSR-style camera, usable both on foot and in vehicles, for crime scene documentation and surveillance. The camera can easily switch between different webhooks to upload to different discord photo channels, and allows users to easily share and copy/paste links from the camera interface in game.
  • Blood, fingerprint, bullet casing, and vehicle fragment evidence pickups that can be gathered by police while shining a flashlight
  • Bullet impact evidence, with angle-of-impact evidence for non-ped impacts, and attachment to the damaged entity bone of peds.
  • Lock tampering evidence that can be set up to indicate attempted or successful lockpicking or hacking
  • Vehicles can be searched for evidence such as blood, casings, and fingerprints with player-owned vehicles retaining evidence in the database!
  • Frisk, investigate person, breathalyzer, and GSR testing police actions usable via qb-target
  • Routing bucket support for evidence, disconnect persistence, and configurable evidence duration
  • Open source, delivered by fivem asset system without encryption

Dependencies:

Framework: qb-core, ESX Legacy, or framework capable of supplying a unique player identifier
Inventory: ox_inventory, qb-inventory, or inventory capable of recording/displaying item metadata
Targeting Resource: ox_target, qb-target, or similar target system
Context Menu: qb-menu/qb-input or ox_lib
Screenshot Resource: screenshot-basic
**Database Interface: ** oxmysql
OneSync: Infinity recommended

Known Bugs:

• This script attempts to mitigate floating evidence by attaching impacts to networked entities, but due to how the natives work to determine weapon damage, this does not work for network entities which have been killed or destroyed. This means it won’t attach to dead peds or blown up cars.
  • Evidence attachment for players is not perfect. It often results in a bullet impact being generated at a coord instead of attached to a player, this is likely due to how onesync manages damage between players, and if it can be improved will be when I can implement better handling of these impacts.

This script is available for $34.99 at:

https://r14-dev.tebex.io/package/5121858

FAQ:

Q: I don’t use ESX or QB Core but want this script, how do I convert it?
A: After the recent 1.5 update, r14-evidence offers compatibility with any framework that is capable of supplying basic character information to other scripts. If you have a custom framework, you can modify the Player Data functions included in the config to make it work with your specific framework. You must be able to supply a unique character identifier and the character’s first and last name to r14-evidence either by using an export or a shared framework object.

Q: I use so-and-so inventory, will r14-evidence be compatible with it?
A: After the recent 1.5 update, r14-evidence offers compatibility with ox_inventory as well as the qb-inventory it was originally written for. This is accomplished through specific inventory functions defined in the config, and you can write custom functions for standalone inventory systems. It is highly recommend that you are capable of writing lua, or have a developer who is, as you will need to understand both r14-evidence and your inventory script to make it compatible.

Q: Is this compatible with non-OneSync servers
A: I am not sure, my dev servers runs on OneSync Infinity. I do not recommend purchasing this resource if you do not.

Q: What is the resource usage of this script?
A: This script idles at 0.01ms in the resource monitor for police and civilian characters, but on demand resource usage will tend to be around 0.3ms on demand when a police character uses a flashlight or camera to view an average crime scene with 50-100 pieces of evidence around the player. This can increase to 1.0ms+ in extremely evidence areas such as 500-1000 evidence pieces where the script is doing a lot of math each frame to draw markers and text, but for most servers this would typically an extreme edge case. While shooting an automatic weapon, this script will typically hover around 0.08ms as it creates and tracks invisible bullet casing objects to where they land to get casing positions.

Q: Why is this so expensive? It’s like half the cost of a Triple A game!
A: This script took me roughly 8 months to write, it is a complete and total refactor of qb-policejob that has been expanded to be framework and inventory independent on top of offering numerous features and optimizations. It has unique evidence such as bullet trajectories and impacts, vehicle evidence, routing bucket support, a fully featured digital camera system, and numerous other refinements. This script is in active development with new features being added regularly, and comes with support and routine patches to fix bugs and performance irregularities. You are effectively paying for two hours of a decent dev’s time and a five dollar tebex fee and getting a script which overhauls the single most utilized resources on a GTA RP server.

Code accessible Yes
Subscription based No
Lines (approximately) 4600 client-side, 2000 server-side, 1200 config.lua
Framework Requirements ESX Legacy, QB Core, or standalone framework with playerdata
Inventory Requirements ox_inventory, qb-inventory, or inventory with metadata functionality
Context/Input Requirements ox_lib or qb-menu/input
Target Requirements ox_target, qb-target, or export compatible targeting resource
Support For the original code, limited support for modifications
8 Likes

Wdym it’s 7 dollars?
your tebex says 43.74

1 Like

Apologies, this got left in from my other resource. I copied the formatting and that text got left in. Has been removed.

2 Likes

The cameraoverlay corner is not working. Its showing a white square around the 4 corners in camera.

How can that be solved?

1 Like

I’m not sure, I have noticed this bug once or twice from other users but when I attempted to get info they never responded. Do you happen to have any visual mods installed? I’m not sure why the sprites are not drawing correctly.

It will be fixed once I convert the camera overlay to NUI, but maybe there is something that can fix it now

1 Like

I found the issue, my github wasn’t uploading .ytd files to my prod server. That is why it was doing that.

Other then that, great addition to our server.

10-4, perhaps an issue with the ytd downloading is causing the problem with other users then, like I said plan is to transition the overlay to NUI but helpful to know!

1 Like

Possible to only allow evidence to show while using the flashlight? [FIXED]

Also, blood evidence isn’t being put on the ground for me.

I’ve done every edit needed.

I’m the owner of Geo City RP. We have a rather large police force and the recent months have been frustrating for them as the default evidence system in QB-Core leaves a lot to be desired. I implemented this system 2 days ago, and the amount of cops who’ve been on duty daily has increased 2-3x.

This evidence system should be the de facto standard for any FiveM RP server. Why?

1. Persistent evidence.
  2. Persistent evidence.
  3. Bullet casings INSIDE the vehicle
  4. Point of impact indicators for a general idea of where the bullet was shot from
  5. Blood and “/blood” command, which is an incredible opportunity for RP when you want to leave blood behind (IE: Someone kidnaps you, takes you off to some remote area, you can bleed once or twice while being dragged to show that you were in distress)
  6. The DSLR camera is simply AMAZING. Drug calls actually become fun because you can case the area from 3 blocks away and snap photos that upload instantly to your Discord (We call this the LEO Photo Cloud IC)
  7. The developer is very responsive to any issues. I have not had a single one yet, but he was very helpful when I wanted to customize the script a little more to my liking. You can tell that @cjsjs has spent the time to produce quality code and has tested it properly.
  8. It’s OPEN SOURCE! It is NOT escrowed. You could probably modify the frisk event to enable drug sniffing for your K9s!
  9. It’s mind blowing. All of the officers LOVE it and it actually brings the investigative work back to LEO RP.

I’m going to attach a few photos of a drug bust. The suspect had no idea I was watching him until he moved to the second location where we were able to BARTER with the suspect once he realized how much dirt we had on him. (Barter as in, negotiated a black market location from him in trade of not ruining his squeaky clean record)

I’m also going to add a couple photos to show the system in action. I promise you, you won’t regret this purchase. And no, the author has no idea I’m posting this review. I normally don’t review like this but I can’t believe this post doesn’t have way more reviews.

@cjsjs - this script is absolutely the best evidence system for FiveM, thanks for the hard work you put into this. It really shows.

2 Likes

do wearing gloves protect you from dropping fingerprints?

1 Like

This script does not handle how fingerprints are generated, it will depend on how your robbery script handles it.

ok question does this look right?

Yeah, it looks like fingerprints are only created when the person is not wearing gloves, it just depends on how that function works if it actually matches up with the hand options in game.

Also, highly appreciate the review from Castar, I have tried to make the script everything I wanted out of the police job in my first city and am glad that it is hitting the mark for people.

Wanted to say for anyone who has bought it and not yet updated, or who is just interested in the script, it is still constantly evolving and a lot of new things have been added and are coming down the line as I get the work done!

1.1 just released today, and among the things that have been added since 1.0 are:

• vehicle fragment evidence, crashing a vehicle at high speed leaves behind evidence that allows the police to get vehicle color, make and model, or even the plate of the vehicle
  • general bug fixes and code improvements
  • improved copy/paste functionality, and the ability to notate evidence bags
  • optimizations to reduce resource usage, runaway loops, and package size for the initial evidence load in
  • improvement to serial number assignment, fixes bug from original qb-policejob where having multiple of the same weapon resulted in inaccurate serial numbers
  • blood evidence on damage, meaning people actually bleed from getting shot and falling
  • expanded config for more fine tuning and refinement for your server

this will get a larger update soon with a new resource I have been working on, r14-safe, which will introduce the San Andreas Forensic Evidence database which wil allow police to log and search evidence better than they ever have been. it will be included free with evidence, as well as being available standalone.

2 Likes

Where in this script do you edit the cords for testing the dna and serial numbers?

1 Like

Currently, there is no forensics lab included in this script, serial numbers and DNA codes are available to police immediately when viewing them or picking them up.

It is planned for a future update to require police to do forensic analysis with a new ‘hard’ mode, but currently these can simply be viewed on a crime scene with a camera, one at a time with a flashlight, and are included in the evidence bag description on pickup.

Pleaseeee bring this to ESX. You would gain so many customers, one of them would be me! Epic resource man, I may even buy to try and convert myself.

I am working on it slowly but surely, I am not very familiar with ESX but I am planning on a conversion that utilizes ox-inventory and nhcontext to try and port over as many of the functions of evidence as possible

Bro I will buy that SO FAST you have no idea. Dream evidence script man. I’d even be willing to help. You can check my post history I have experience. Definitely use ox_lib for context menus / targeting etc. ox stuff is most up to date.

1 Like

this is awesome! just one question does this work in parallel with qb-policejob? or would i have to edit qb-policejob and remove the evidence parts of it?