[PAID] BZN BLIP HANDLER (Clean up your map!)

This script uses CFX Escrow to secure the code!

Minimum price 4 USD (“Pay What You Want”)

Store Product Link: https://bzn.tebex.io/package/4790235

Preview: https://youtu.be/2_XSo-L5c0s

Screenshot

Documentation: https://development.bzn.dk/

This dos not use any framework and can be integrated with everything (besides encrypted resources)

I know something like this has been done before, but this is my take on how to do it, I got the idea for doing this quite some time ago, and finally got around to actually creating it, instead of just thinking about it.

The way Blips are registered are via exports, why? Because a lot of script got a build in way of doing blips, and converting that to using an export is fairly easy to do, I have made some examples on my discord, and I am more than willing to help you learn how to integrate it in to your scripts.

Everything can be done via exports.

exports.bzn_blip_handler:RegisterBlipGroup('groupName', 'label', 'scale', 'show')
exports.bzn_blip_handler:RemoveBlipGroup('groupName')
exports.bzn_blip_handler:RegisterBlip('groupName', 'label', 'position', 'sprite', 'color')

And yes it’s possible to have blips from different scripts in the same group! If you restart a script that registered blips, they will be auto removed, so it’s ready to get new blip data from your script.

The code is written with performance in mind, and only uses very little CPU usage, when the script loads for the player, or if a resource is restarted, a garbage collection script will be triggered to run after one minute, to ensure the lowest amount of memory is used on the players computer.

The JavaScript is handcrafted to fit this script 100% and key event listeners are ONLY running when UI is open, most other script sadly tends to have listeners for KeyUp, og Mouseclicks active all the time.

The config file is well documented and there is only a few options needed.

Config = {}

Config.EnableDebug = true -- Set to false when you are done integrating to avoid users getting console spam.

Config.UIPosition = 'left' -- Can be 'left' or 'right'

Config.BlipHandlerCommand = 'blipsettings' -- Change the command to open Blip Handler UI default is /blipsettings.

Config.UseKeyMapping = true -- You can select if you want to use key mapping for opening Blip Handler UI, or just command (if you just want command make sure to disable Config.UseESC)
Config.DefaultBlipHandlerKey = 'U' -- Default key to open Blip Handler UI.

-- Rewritten the ESC integration, now supports P to, it adds an alternative Key mapping to FiveM, and a alternative command, CPU usage for listening for the ESC key is gone, only uses CPU when pause menu is active.
-- Users can map there keys like they want to, if they mapped it to something else then ESC ex. U only U will open the UI, and it wont open when in pause menu, freedome to the user!
Config.UseESC = true
Config.ESCWait = 1000 -- Waiting after button press to check if pause menu is active, this is needed for it to open up correct, since there is a delay from pressing esc, until the native checking for pause screen is changed.

Changelog

Changelog v1.0.1
v1.0.1 – Added feature so the UI opens when you open the pause menu via ESC – this adds a bit of CPU usage when activated since it uses a different way for registering key presses.

BZN Blip Handler v1.0.1 - Added new feature - YouTube

Changelog v1.0.2
v1.0.2 – In fxmanifest.lua you can now change index_right.html to index_left.html if you want the ui to be on the left side of the screen.

BZN Blip Handler v1.0.1 - Added new feature - YouTube

Changelog v1.0.3
v1.0.3 – Rewritten the ESC code to use KeyMapping, removing the CPU usage listening for ESC key, now supports P key to.

So now KeyMapping and Command will work again when ESC feature is enabled.

Added config option to change UI position you can select 'right' or 'left'

Enjoy!

Store Link: https://bzn.tebex.io/

1 Like

Shut up and take my money!

I’ve been looking for a solution to my growing blip clutter. I like details on the map but it gets to be overwhelming after a while.

Just bought it, will give it a go. Thanks!

</dave> a.k.a. FloridaMan67

2 Likes

Im glad it’s something you could use! - Let me know if you need any help, then ill try and do my best to help you out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Planing to add support for some of the more advanced blip natives when creating blips, this is gonna be optional to use, and prob, more for power users to play around with.

Good to see some old names pop back up since escrow has come about.

Look’s great!

I purchased this but keep telling me i dont have the required entitlement to start

it takes up to 24 hours to activate

can I change the font and color of the ui? or is it somehow encrypted?

The UI is not encrypted in any way

I realize this is an older topic, but since I did buy this, what the hell. I stepped away from FiveM for a bit, but I’m getting back into it. I wanted to check with @benzon83 and ask him something.

Can you add the ability to toggle all blips running through the handler off with one master switch? I’m thinking an export to toggle them off so they can be toggled from another script. I’d like to put the export into the script I am working on to toggle all the blips off while it’s in use, then restore them when finished.

Thanks! This is a really cool resource. Setting it up is time consuming, replacing all the blip commands. But once it’s done,

Pretty sure latest version is unencrypted

The version I bought two years ago is not. The last update was June and it’s encrypted. I guess I could buy the Open Source version, which still says " uses CFX Escrow to secure the code" for $13 or I can just deal with it.

Hmm let me have a look could have sworn i open sourced it a while back hmm

Doubt it. When I bought it two years ago, there was only the one option. It’s cool man, don’t sweat it. I am only a “server of one.” It’s not critical.

There you go