Optimizing right hand drive cars

Hello everyone

I’m in need of some help, ive found this amazing right hand drive car but its just to heavy for the server, is there anyway of optimizing the car to be less heavy if so how?

When you say ‘heavy,’ are you referring to the model or its textures?

• If it’s the model, then you’ll only have bad news; the maximum filesize for streaming .yft models in FiveM is approximately 16 MB. You may be able to get away with streaming a model that slightly exceeds this limit (say ~16.1 MB; I’ve done this myself), but usually you won’t have very much luck at all with streaming models over this size. If this is the case, then you’re essentially out of luck.

• If it’s the texture, then you have good news. You can ‘dissect’ the .ytd file of the add-on and divide it up into smaller parts that are more appropriately streamable for your FiveM server; the limit for .ytd files is also 16 MB, but these are easily editable or modifiable unlike .yft files themselves. Fortunately this eases the process of streaming the add-on. See this thread about the process itself.

yea sorry i meant the textures are heavy on the server and makes peoples world melt and all that fun stuff

So i follow that step by step and got it done, will it now be better for the server in the way of people’s PCs will have a bit of an easier time to load all the textures and wont melt?

Essentially yes, and dividing the textures as described in one of the aforementioned posts will allow your server to actually stream them correctly without exceeding the streaming limit.

Your server will sequentially stream the portions of the textures to its clients, and this should prevent the clients’ textures from derendering and disappearing. If they still continue to disappear afterwards, you should monitor the amount of high-quality add-ons being simultaneously used.

Thank you so much for the help :slight_smile: