Net-tcp-server alert bad_certificate

RDR2 version? 7150455
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legal
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any)

What did you do to get this issue? Launched RedM and tried to connect to ANY server.
What server did you get this issue on? Every server.
Latest CitizenFX_log file https://pastebin.com/mwVdTKxe

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes, both Windows Defender & Malwarebytes
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin? Yes

Also add what you already tried so far. I didn’t have this issue months ago. Today, I’m using a fresh install (uninstalled months ago). It took 7 hours to update the 5gb cache for whatever reason, so while I can delete the cache & try again… I don’t think that will be the resolution since this is a fresh install as of today… I’ve also tried enabling the Canary version in RedM settings as someone else stated in a similar thread, with no luck.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

To update - I’ve cleared the cache, let it re-download overnight, still had the issue this morning as I suspected.

This is not an issue, you can ignore it. And your current problem is not caused by this debug print.

So then what would be causing the issue? I’m not getting any other prints in F8 that would suggest any connectivity issues. I receive a Time Out error when connecting to any server.

I receive a Time Out error when connecting to any server.

No idea. Most likely related to your connection settings/quality. Since your pastebin is “no longer available”, I can’t guess.

Strange, I set it to Never Expire. Here it is again. As I mentioned, I was able to play months ago, this has only just started happening this go-around. Nothing has changed on my end as far as ISP, firewall changes, etc. I appreciate your help.

https://pastebin.com/yen6JheT

This page is no longer available. It has either expired, been removed by its creator, or removed by one of the Pastebin staff.

Your pastebin is still invalid.
Anyway try to use local server just for testing purposes?

Pastebin must be removing it for some reason… I’ve not set up a RedM local server before.

While reviewing the pastebin to see why it might be getting deleted, I did see this error as well. I tried to connect again & I can reproduce it each time.

I ran ‘netstat -a’ in cmd and did not see port 30120 listed at all, if that is what’s being used per another thread with this error.

Anyone able to assist? I’m still having the issue after reinstalling the entire game again. Would really like to play RedM but this is preventing connections to all servers. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Still having the issue, even with a new ISP. Any help would be appreciated. Have reinstalled the game & RedM again as well.

I just time out, connecting to any server at all.

Note, disconnected by server. It’s not RedM disconnecting you from a server. Ask server owners what “TimeOut” even means and what logic is behind this kick, since timed out clients would be kicked anyway.

I learned that Steam was still running as Admin (even though I deselected that option in the properties, some reason it was still doing so). Trying again to run it as a normal user fixed the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.