Native weapon audio

Don’t get your hopes up, this is but an example and only one audio entry is available. I just wanted to share this to let you know what is possible if you would follow [How-to] Make a SimpleSound using native audio

The example provided here is the x16 pistol for which I used this post on https://www.gta5-mods.com. Since this is a pistol, I used the sns pistol as base template. Therefore the other sounds like reloading and such will be based on that. I have only replaced the PlayerFire entry which is the main firing sound. (I still need to figure out how to replace all the other sounds)

If you just want to test this out. Run this resource (everything withing weaponAudio folder) and edit your weapon.meta of choice where you want to apply the sound. Find the <Audio> entry and replace it with audio_item_x16pistol.

Your weapon should sound like this (SNS vs X16)

This will be streamed to every client thus everyone hears the same sound. This way we don’t have to rely on the client downloading the appropiate files to modify their sounds. Furthermore we can finally adapt the sounds of addon weapons instead of relying on existing WeaponAudioItems. Just trying to see how many people are even interested in this hence why only one sound.

36 Likes

wow, this is so cool. can’t wait to use this :fire:

1 Like

Bro this is the forums, I expected a +REP!!!

Love it!!!

that is only for when a discord giveaway happens

1 Like

Great job ++rep

Definitely going to give this a try been waiting on a way to do server sided gun sounds forever

1 Like

++rep Very good

I have reported this for being a tutorial released and not actually a resource. GLHF

Consider my timbers shivered

1 Like

Yea just need some more gun sounds for this now please

+repp bro best script fam #1 dev

++repp bro nice work

Are you going to add more sounds?

I tried myself but only got to the codewalker part and couldn’t figure out how to get into edit mode.
Would be nice if there was a video tutorial to follow

English isn’t my native language otherwise I would make video’s on it. As for more sounds, I’m probably going to get into paid resources again sooo that is that.

where can I find default gta weapon templates so I can for example use shotgun files as a base for .dat files?

In CW go under tools and use the Audio Explorer one.

Here you can select the specific type you want to search for. In this case WeaponAudioItem

And now you can see a whole list of registered weapon audio item entries. Here you can follow the path of where everything is coming from. You can re-use these hashes in your own dat files.

Under details you can see in which file this is located and look it up if you want to reference the whole file. Just use the search function in CW.

1 Like

+rep man and yes I was paid to say this

Great work! Great to see someone putting this information into an understandable format.

yea, thanks bro