Multi Theft Auto Client Conflicts Created by FiveM Client, part II

One month closed: Multi Theft Auto Client Conflicts Created by FiveM Client

Since May 19th a conflict has existed between Multi Theft Auto and FiveM multiplayer. It is my hope it will be resolved. All errors spoken of were evident across multiple machines, with caches cleared, after reboots, on adequately burly gaming PCs with no other issue to speak of.

For five years I have run simultaneous multiplayer games on my desktops and VPS servers. Two High end PCs running MTA, and “else” constantly. “Else” has included IVMP, GTAMP, Reborn, JC3MP, Coop, FiveMP, ■■■■■■ and Finally FiveM. To name but a few. And never have I encountered a cross client conflict. MTA is and has always been a one month uptime stable client. While FiveM is and always has been ‘broken since 2015’.

One month before this error FiveM had a Google Chrome client conflict, which the elements and admins denied ritualistically, where with FiveM open and running stable, suddenly following an update of FiveM, a start of Google Chrome would crash FiveM, while chromium did not. A month later and about when the MTA conflict began, this Google Chrome conflict which “did not exist” disappeared entirely, following a succession of FiveM updates.

So what happens?

As my daily start up I start MTA and join my server, I start FiveM and join my server, then idle both clients in spectate mode as an alternative to TV, as I have been specifically doing with only these two clients for two years straight without issue. Until a series of updates from FiveM, which unfortunately came at the same time as MTA’s rare updating. Where if I start FiveM first, then MTA will not join a server, but rather freezes. Described in detail here as the initial symptom of this problem:

Equally discussed here, where deterministic_bubble offers a half solution.

The most effect is felt on San Andreas, and not as a result of MTA. After the May 19th update of FiveM. With FiveM Running, San Andreas could not be started, it would freeze at half game load and never complete. Since then deterministic_bubble suggested the SilentPatchSA.zip which actually fixes the problem. San Andreas can now be started while FiveM is running, and played across the map without freezing. But MTA, still freezes when you try to join a server. So whatever solution SilentSA is passing to San Andreas, is not being received and used by MTA.

SilentSA is not a mod I have ever used before. I run both MTA, SA, FiveM, and GTAV in stock format with no loaders, no mods, no saves, no changes at all. And until the May 19 FiveM update, for the two years previous, this problem never existed. It was also not fixable by running an out of date MTA client preceding their May update.

So the problem is likely created by FiveM’s update, possibly related to their fix for the Google Chrome crash issue, came sometime prior to May 19, 2020 perhaps up to one week before. And while unresolvable to date is not truly critical in the following situations:

1. If i run MTA on its own, in all stock format, it operates perfectly as always. With no FiveM running. It joins a server, it teleports freely around the map, and it never freezes.

2. If I start MTA first and join a server and idle the client in one spot, notably without moving a large distance, then start FiveM and run it. Both clients will idle for days, without issue, MTA cannot spectate, as any change in position on game map will cause it to freeze. FiveM operates as normal, spectates freely. But if I have to restart MTA, I have to turn off FiveM first. As in all other instances of normal game play, with FiveM running, will freeze MTA.

This is a very unusual problem I have never encountered before between multiplayers. It is evident across multiple machines. It is my hope it can be solved. It never existed before May 19, and I am certain like so many of the horrors FiveM visits on its dedicated community, that there is nothing which that same community cannot find a way to fix.

The ball is in your court FiveM… all help, suggestions, guesses are welcome please.

GTA V version? Something about a Wheel I think…
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? 2legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Socalled Club
Windows version? 8.1 Pro (Supported through January 10, 2023)
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yes
Error screenshot (if any) none
System specifications i7 14GB GTX 2GB
What did you do to get this issue? Joined any server on FiveM
What server did you get this issue on? ----^
CitizenFX.log file none
.dmp files/report IDs none

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

July 28, 2020, despite many updates, Still a thing…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.