[map][free] los santos river recreation area

LOS SANTOS RIVER RECREATION AREA

The LS river has been dammed at the ocean end and now provides a recreational area and boating facilities to your community.

I have extended the water as far along the river as is possible, the main restriction being continuing the water height along the channel and spill over into the surrounding areas, (train tunnels etc)

---- FEATURES -----

Swimmable and boating waters
Main recreation area islands
Decorative islands along the river
Dam at ocean end of river
Walkway across to islands
Walkway into water for wreck diving
Night lighting
Jetski hire
Diving adventure at artificial reef, with coral and fish
Custom signs and props

----ISSUES----

1. Peds still spawn occasionally in the river, so you may see someone swimming, or floating face down
  2. There is a strong current from the residual river so diving on the north side of the wreck can be a bit hazardous.
  3. The shipwreck doesnt have collisions
  4. This is a very ‘props intensive’ map some may have some performance issues on low end servers or other resource intensve maps in the area.
  5. No flashy intro video or flowery hard sell, its free.
  6. There is a large area of the water that loses its collisions so I have placed the islands in that area. The bouys show the outer border of the problem area. I am unable to find the reason for this. The rest of the water behaves normally for swimming and boating.

—FEEDBACK----

1. Happy for feedback of a postive nature to improve the map
  2. If anyone can help with information in relation to the collision issue with the water, I’d appreciate any advice you can provide.

---- USE ----

Free to use, modify, edit, not to be sold separately or as part of a package

UPDATED MAP

I have modified the map, however the water collision is not fixed as yet.

ChangeLog

1. Island textures have been modified to better grass texture
  2. Shipwreck collisions applied
  3. Dam walls at the 3 ends of the river
  4. Bouys located around the island to reduce the chance of any impact on the player.

I would like to acknowledge the input, props and work by the following;
Thanks to JIM_gordon_9623 for his work on the dams for each end and the collisions applied to the shipwreck
Thanks to OKCRP for the use of the bitcoin machine

Work will continue to fix the collision problem with the water around the islands.

ls_river.zip (19.7 MB)

26 Likes

Is this the whole river or

1 Like

Most of it that i can apply water to

Amazing like normal and its free comparaed to the 40 plus price for the paid one so great work!

1 Like

Looks quite good, would say it’d be greatly improved by making the islands seem a bit more natural by changing the shaping to be less round.

1 Like

Another great map, thankful for creators like you who contribute to the community for passion purposes.

1 Like

if i was you the water at the back what i think you are refrenceing you could have carried it on bc it goes up slightly contact me on dc thehighskyuk

1 Like

Why isn’t anyone finish that?

1 Like

not sure where that location is?

Thanks for your feedback, I did try a few different shapes but decided on the circle style as the waterway is man made not natural and therefore wouldnt look out of place.

Thanks for the free release <3

2 Likes

Even I dont use your maps yet, I cant help noticing how generous and productive you are, keep it up its original community feelings that warms my heart 🫶🏼

3 Likes

thanks for the reply. :heart:

It’s a great idea to have done this.

In return I notice as in a post upstream, the river is not finished it stops suddenly under a bridge

Hey thanks for the feedback, there is a dam wall there and it seems to spawn when it wants rather than all the time on online servers,

Currently working on a fix to extend the water forward to join the original water so you can ride a jetski all the way up.

I also noted that the water has impacted into the train tunnel so working to resolve that as well

3 Likes

Thanks for having the time to do it ! Would be nice only water on all the river I notice on the base of the isalnd they have no water collision :c

nice map bro the only problems tell now i found is this

Uploading: river2.mp4…

thanks for the feedback, i didn’t remove the original river so it can get a bit diccy if swimming to deep in places. I didn’t edit any vanilla files as there are so many mlos now in the city that there would end up being conflicts resulting in problems for server owners.

Not sure what is going on with the end of the river, I placed a dam wall there and on testing it worked but a few people have reported that it is not there. I am starting to think that the underpass is an mlo which would cause that issue.

I am working on a fix though to extend the river into the existing river which will allow you to ride a ski to the end, should be a couple of days.

I appreciate you putting in the time to let me know, thanks :heart:

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

Yes i did point that out in the description, there is something conflicting with the water collisions right at the area of the islands, so i had to make the islands larger to try to cover it.

I am still trying to work out what the conflict is and have a more experienced person helping out, there are a couple of other issues that need fixing so I am working on those so keep an eye out on v2 hopefully in the next couple of days
Thanks for the feedback :heart: