Lbg-char - Standalone character creator

From all the character creators I’ve seen, either they are paid, they are for roleplay, or they do not have a “familiar Rockstar design”. Welcome to my first release!

lbg-char is a character creator* that is made to be mostly like GTA:O’s character creator.
Although it was made for what was once planned to be a racing-focused server, I decided to make it public, keeping the already existing player outfits.
It’s only dependency is NativeUILua

Source code and download can be found here*

• Might contain bugs. Feel free to file an issue or send a PR on GitHub, if you find any.
Usage

As of now, to use it, you must type /charedit in your chatbox, or type charedit in the game console.

Screenshots

Credits

me - Having the motivation to start work on it
CritteR - Coding help

22 Likes

Nice release! Fantastic work!

Looks very clean and nice! So the only dependency is NativeUI?

1 Like

Affirmative

1 Like

Does this use esx_skin?

This is standalone, so no. It does not use anything other than it’s dependency

How would i go about using this together with a esx based server where identity is enabled ? in other words how would i change the esx to use your character creation menu ? very awesome add by the way!

I’ve never used ESX in my life but I think all I could tell you is you could change up some code.
Recently I’ve added a client event to open the menu. After the character creation is done, an entire table of the character with every feature is returned. Each element represents a component, only glasses doesn’t. But, for glasses, you can just set the gender-specific component for aviator glasses/nothing. Speaking of which, I should add an event to retrieve the player’s character You should save the character on the server when the player is done.

Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

I just imagine a standalone character creator with

Sending Selection Data Event like TriggerServerEvent("transferSelectedDatas",datastbl,IsItFromKVP) so that Server script can detect some cheated value from customed kvp-datas.
Saving KVP so that every server can share the datas.
Preview with TaskLookAt,Camera Zoom at the Head
Selections:
[FACE_SEX]
[FACE_HERITAGE]
[FACE_SHAPE]
[FACE_APPEARANCE]
[FACE_CLOTHES]
[FACE_SEND_ALL_SELECTED_DATAS_TO_SERVER]
[FACE_LOAD_LAST_SELECTED_DATAS_FROM_KVP]

and the last dream:

Selection with PauseMenu

I was try it many times every night and nearly gave up.

1 Like

The characters are saved on the client, meaning that every server can make use of it.
For whatever reason, only the Appearance menu gets the camera to your head
Also, the character is automatically loaded when you get teleported to the character creation room and it automatically gets saved when you quit AND sent to the server via an event.*

1 Like

Legend!

How can I install it? I dragged and dropped NativeUI to resources, then I dragged and dropped your file to resources and it doesn’t work. I did every steps good for example ensure NativeUI, ensure your file

In server.cfg do

ensure NativeUI
ensure lbg-char

Then restart server or you can also type refresh and then start NativeUI then start lbg-char into your server console.

I did that, but i use txAdmin and when I click start - couse I use it and if I want to start script you have to write in server.cfg ensure “name of script” then click in console START - in txAdmin’s console it doesn’t work :confused: but maybe I do something wrong

lbg-char uses nativeuilua, and you are using the c# nativeui. that’s one problem

Thank you so much

Great job. Looks nice.
I’ll look through the code in time and report any useful suggestions I think of.

1 Like

best thing i’ve seen all day