[In-Development] vRP Turf Wars

This plugin is still currently in development, but what I’m looking forward to achieve is something similar to this singleplayer mod for Gta 5

Now if you guys are familiar with the vrp_bankrobbery mod, this is basically a remake of that mod, but instead of robbing banks, you “rob” turfs if it makes sense. So far I have been working on it for a day, but here is what I have.

Turfs

• Turfs for most of the Criminal Gangs
  • Each Turf is labled by an Icon on the map.
  • Each Turf has it’s own colour, depending on what gang it belongs to.
  • Beginning to capture the turf will make all the surrounding gang NPCs around become aggressive towards the player.
  • Player must defend the turf for 5 minutes
  • Successfully capturing the turf will reward the player different amounts of dirty money.
  • Dying or walking away cancels the capture.

Turf Difficulty & Reward
Hard:

• Lost MC Turf (Reward: 30 - 33 k dirty money)
  • Vagos Turf (Reward: 29 - 32 k dirty money)
  • Vagos Warehouse (Reward: 30 - 33 k dirty money)

Medium:

• Ballas Turf (Reward: 21 - 24 k dirty money)
  • LostMC HQ (Reward: 19 - 22 k dirty money)
  • Families Turf (Reward: 18 - 21 k dirty money)
  • Altruist Camp (Reward: 17 - 20 k dirty money)

Easy:

• Marabunta Turf (Reward: 13 - 16 k dirty money)
  • Triads Turf (Reward: 11 - 14 k dirty money)
  • Armenian Turf (Reward: 10 - 13 k dirty money)

It is recommended to do the turf caps at night, that way all the gangs will be active, hence more of a challenge

Screens

How a turf looks like (You must remain in the purple icon to capture and defend the turf

Capturing a turf

Credits
@Dunko for the vrp_bankrobbery script which was the base used to develop this

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FoGY3voGQXj6OewZgWx4fQ85LBLh_TjW/view?usp=sharing

Remember, this is still a work in progress. I am working to change up the system and I am open to ideas, so if you guys have some ideas on how I could go and improve this, that would help a lot.

Thx

17 Likes

Looks great! Keep it going!

1 Like

That is great , i hope u will do this i would be happy to help you with that Gimi SIlver#8838 this is my discord

Yea sure man thx a lot, I added you

I would suggest, if possible to make this without scripthookV enabled.

Update 1.01

• added 7 new turfs
  • added a difficulty level and increased pay for turf caps
  • fixed some bugs
  • updated download link

Moved it to #development:releases for ya :wink:

2 Likes

Like the bank robbery script, will this notify cops when the turf war goes down so cops can respond? If not, can you add it in for additional RP for cops?

Nope, this will not notify the cops as I wanted to make it more like a gang only fight if it makes sense. Like why would cops risk their lifes for some low life gang members (talking rp wise). But yea, you can easily change the messages to be global in the config files if you want to.

This is giving money before the time ends, and also after canceling the capture!

What it does is sometimes it gives you the money if you leave the turf. That is more of a vrp error and it happens earlier on in the server initialisation. Tho I am working to fix it in the next release

Nice I apreciate it mate!
Thanks

Don’t wanna be “that guy” but can I ask you if you have an ETA for the next release? My community is really anxious about this resource :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not rly focusing on the script rn as I am deving for other servers, so I cannot give you an ETA, but feel free to mess around with the script if you want to

@Joao_Seara Ok so the main issue here is in the NPC aggression function, as it messes with the other functions. I tried to figure out what is wrong but unfortunately I was unable to fix the issue without removing the whole function, which would defeat the purpose of the mod. Right now I am busy with other stuff so i won’t be working a lot on the mod unfortunately. Feel free to make adjustments to it and see if it fixes it.

EDIT: Turns out what I was doing was fine, but my PC was acting all weird so nothing was happening. I will try to get it fixed once I fix my computer lol

Ok I apreciate it, I can also try and take a look, if you give me some hints, tell me exactly what function do you think it’s bugging or which part of the code is conflicting

Can it be added circle areas instead of blips? example:

Yea sure that would be possible. But depending how big the zones would be. For example the zones would appear rly small on the map if I was making them the size of the turf you know. But it is still possible. Still trying to get my computer fixed up atm but I will get working on it when I can :stuck_out_tongue:

How can the area zones be created? What function? I’m trying to add it myself

Would it be easy to modify this so instead of getting money the player then takes over the turf either until someone kills them and their squad or the player and their squad leave the turf or server?