Our community is growing rapidly and Cfx.re continues to mature as a platform. To further strengthen our platform stability, we will be implementing a new server update policy, effective by June 1, 2021.
It becomes increasingly difficult to provide the same level of support to the thousands of servers running different server versions. A number of servers are on versions released over a year ago. It is for that reason we are introducing server support schedules. Make sure to keep your server artifacts up to date for the best level of support.
To guarantee the best level of stability, we will discontinue support for issues on outdated server artifacts. Instead, we are introducing support schedules as outlined below:
- Recommended artifacts will be supported until 6 weeks after the next release in line
- Latest artifacts will be supported until 2 weeks after the next release in line
Example for the
- Artifact 5001 is released on January 1;
- Artifact 5002 is released on January 6;
- We will provide support for artifact 5001 until January 6 + 14 days, thus January 20.
If your server version is no longer supported, you will see this reflected on your server detail page:
Outdated server artifacts will not stop functioning, however, we will not provide support for them. If you are experiencing issues, update to a newer server artifact before requesting support.
Server artifacts older than 3 months will not be joinable from the server browser. Please update your server’s artifacts, and keep them up-to-date. If you are experiencing issues with newer server artifacts, always make sure to report them.