[IIS] K9 Policer | Dog Script | Control your own K9 pal!

k9 K9 Policer Dog Script

Description

This script allows you to have your very own canine companion in the world of Grand Theft Auto!

Not only can you customize and name your pooch, but you can also command them to do whatever you may want them to do! This script is amazing for everything from just wanting a companion to being a fully trained police dog handler!

Features

Click for Features
  • Configuration File
  • Husky, Collie, Rottweiler & Retreiver
  • Enter/Exit Vehicles
  • ‘Bark’ Command!
  • Sit, Follow, Stay, Lay Down e.t.c.
  • Person Tracking!

Instructions:

Attacking
You can make your K9 companion attack a subspect, either by aiming directly at the person with a weapon and pressing ‘LCTRL’, or looking at the suspect and pressing ‘LCTRL’. You can also use the command /att [ID], replacing [ID] with the player ID of the player you’d like to attack. This method will not work on AI, but the others will.

Opening the Menu
By default, you can press F10 to open the control menu, where you can spawn and control man’s best friend.

Changing the Keys
Navigate to Settings -> Controls -> Key Bindings -> FiveM and then change the keybind you’d like to change!

Installation

Literally just install like any other script! Extract the resource first and move the folder into your resourcers folder, then add ensure iis_k9policer in your server.cfg! Simple as that.

Click me to download! (27.2 KB)

14 Likes

Tested and works really well. Everything works. Only issue I’m getting is the name menu, when entering a name and then pressing enter it seems to go back to the typing box. Other than that perfect!

Ever going to use esx_menu_default instead?

1 Like

The best K9 Script i know so far.
Working very good so far.
Little bug is what Gbronski said about the name typing box but its not a big problem.
The features are good, maybe adding a searching function in the future, then we could use it as Borderpatrol Dog :wink:

3 Likes

Nice Script! Keep it up!

Name issue isnt to bad and an easy fix. Just the dog attacking anyone who shoots including the officer.

1 Like

Any issues with this script and people using anti cheat scripts :thinking:

Nice script but is there an option to restrict the use only for police and fib

Name disnt work for me, and its possible to use only by job ? (police, sheriff)

I dont get this part
Changing the Keys
Navigate to Settings -> Controls -> Key Bindings -> FiveM and then change the keybind you’d like to change!

and btw, can we set it up for police job only?

2 Likes

You should make an option where you can pick up the dog so you can go over fences and stuff ps i love it it works really good

damn, finally a good k9 script.

1 Like

Is there any way to make the dog not attack you when you shot? or when some else is shoting

The script looks amazing, but I don’t know why, it doesn’t work for me, i made sure to enlist the script in server and put those files into resources, won’t load tho :c

This would be even more next level if was able to pick the dog up to help it over walls ect because if people jump over walls the dog can’t carry on tracking them or even make it so the dog was able to jump over walls ect that would be nuts.

can the dog smell real drugs when they carry drugs with them?

love this script ive made a ton of mods and fixes to it lol added many other animals…
warmenu needs an update thiers a newer version out,
to stop pet from attacking you when you fire weapons

if IsPedInCombat(Animal, GetPlayerPed(PlayerId())) then
		    print('Dont attack player')
		    ClearPedTasks(Animal)
            Command_Follow(Animal)
        end

and to stop pets from fleeing if their scared ie pugs, cats, rabbits etc

if IsPedFleeing(Animal) then
		    print('Dont flee player')
		    ClearPedTasks(Animal)
            Command_Follow(Animal)
        end

also if your having issues with the menu this is a sure fire way to make it open and shut

if not WarMenu.IsMenuOpened('K9Policer') then
        WarMenu.OpenMenu('K9Policer')
    else
        WarMenu.CloseMenu()
    end

also the blips dont remove correctly your setting mapblip to nil before you call removeblip :slight_smile:
my code might be a bit diff from original as i have massive modded it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to increase the ID input for tracking to something over 2 digits?
Like if there’s someone with an ID over 99 i can’t track anyone

You should upload your version to GitHub :slight_smile:

i may eventually, its alot diff now then the original, still working on it tho and improving, im calling it “animal companion”…
My bro wants to try to get smoking bigfoot working lol, i still have some other animation and weapon things to solve still before its ready to be used, also seems like some animals just WONT attack like cats and rabbits trying to solve that aswell (they may not be able to be weaponized) but having a cat or rabbit at least follow you around is cool too
also seems some animals just scare the shit outta peds like the cougar lol i need to solve that aswell
ive put this one to the side tho for a few days trying to get ammo and esx sorted out i dont like the current options avilb lol

2 Likes