How to make my server public

Continuing the discussion from How to make own server to public:

Can anyone help me? i have finished my fivem server and i want my brother to join! but I don’t know how. and is not in the list. I also cannot log in with the IP address in the search bar. i use netgear. I don’t know what the username and password is !!! I do not get it anymore! can anyone help in advance thank you very much !!

Hello @k.ottervanger,

I have read your last topic and I saw you already took your router ports open and didn’t change any other settings in server.cfg.

You can try to open your DMZ protocol direct in your router.
Make sure to input your local home IP in DMZ: 192.168.x.x
and as described in https://docs.fivem.net/docs/server-manual/setting-up-a-server/ if you have the option:

sv_master1 ""

enabled, it will not show up in fivem server list.

@Edit1

If you do not remember the user and password for you local router, I recommend you call to your internet company to get the password

Don’t ever put your ips in a dmz. That is basically asking for an attack. The net gear should have a default username and password you can try if that doesn’t work you can reset it to factory defaults to get it back to the default login. If its an ISP provided router then most of the usernames and passwords are on a sticker on the device.

If your advice is to place anything in a dmz you should really learn internet security and I’m more surprised how you haven’t been hit with any malicious content if that is what you do for your devices.

DON’T EVER PUT YOUR SERVER, HOME DEVICES, OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE IN A DMZ.

Instead look at manuals or tutorials for your router model to forward the SPECIFIC PORTS( in this case 30120 for fivem) to your home hosted server.

1 Like