[How-To] Create addon heels OR hide hair with addon hat

You have to change hash_2FD08CEF in component properties from none to shoe_heels and it will have sound

1 Like

wow it worked thank you so much <3

1 Like

Anyone else on Tuner DLC that has issues with swapping between custom heels and the tuner shoes?

1 Like

Please help me. Is there any way to fix the error of the shoes as shown in the picture?

1 Like

Most likely shoes and legs are two separate models, you have to either edit legs model or shoes model so it fit with each other

2 Likes

thanks you. i will try

2 Likes

Tried the tutorial everything works just fine but some hats happen to load like this, any solution?

1 Like

Seems like you’ve did something wrong. Props are supposed to be rotated in openiv, if they are not, then probably they are meant to be placed as component (berd or anything)

1 Like

ive tried a couple different ways here with this part of the method. I cannot seem to get the newly added heels to actually be heels as you can see in the picture they sink into the ground, this is from just adding it onto my originally made female ymt. When i attempt to make a new ymt for the feet and load up my server it only crashes me after attempting to select a character. Im running the 2189 build currently

1 Like

Hey, that means you didn’t do something correctly, for working heels you have to set value to 1.0 and generate creaturemetadata file for your ymt, also don’t forget to specify in .meta your creaturemetadata file name.

And here probably you are hitting .ymt limit, you can read more about it here SetPlayerModel Crash when you have too much .ymts assigned to a freemode ped model

1 Like

im only using 3 ymts and its a max of 4 for my build, ive even removed some items to bring down from what it looks like on that site the max KB for the ymt files? The 3rd ymt is the creaturemetadata one and whenever i place that file into my folder it crashes me with this error.

Literally everything else works aside from this one part for me, which is super weird but i mean if anything ill just not have new heels for female peds like idk what else to do at this point lol.

1 Like

Sorry, I have no idea, you would have to look into it by yourself, try checking flags or anything in something that is disappearing, and then apply it to your addon component

1 Like

Having issues with a hat prop loading. All the components we have done so far work completely fine in addon form. But when converting over the hats to head prop they just dont load, it adds an extra slot for them in the clothing menu but just doesnt load them. I’ve completely followed the tutorial and I can post my resource folder if need be.

I even tried different hats thinking it was a model issue but same result.

Same for me, with all the prop pieces, so for now I just left them as replacements instead of addons, not sure what to do

Did you name .ydd and .ytd files properly? (with the additional _p between pedName and dlcName)

1 Like

Here is screenshots of my files

Screenshots

Screenshot (1355)

if your dlcname is “prettyp” then ymt should be mp_m_freemode_01_prettyp.ymt, ydd files mp_m_freemode_01_p_prettyp^p_head_000.ydd and ytd mp_m_freemode_01_p_prettyp^p_head_diff_000_a.ytd

1 Like

Oh I see I got the ymt file wrong, thank you so much, I will try that :cherry_blossom:

Worked fine after that! Thank you, I guess me and my friend looked over how the prefix changes for props.

Also props to making a clear understanding tutorial. Some of the other addon tutorials out there are so over complicated and make it sound very hard. This makes it feel like a walk in the park.

2 Likes

Very helpful! :smiling_imp:

1 Like