[HELP] Certain in-game props not loading

I’m using CodeWalker to modify a FiveM server map.

I save it out, run the server. I visit my map, no problems there… except some props load while others don’t (despite all being unmodified DLC content from the base game)

Reading around (I really did try, honestly the documentation out there is very scarce…) I am guessing my props (in this case, ch_prop_track_ch_straight_bar_s and similar) do not load because I am only referencing them in the YMAPs, but the game was not prepared to show those items in THAT place at that time.

It would seem (and please feel free to correct me here as I am even wondering if I’m on the right track…) that I need to tell my server to force the loading of the prop architypes/definitions. What I found so far suggests that I am to reference the YTYP files as part of my server/resource configuration.

I have attempted at least 20 different approaches to referencing those YTYP files, no luck. No debug logs. No matter what I try the props simply refuse to appear in game

How do I reference (presumably) DLC content and load it correctly onto maps?

(Happy to even accept being pointed at a reference at this point, I’m that stuck. Thanks in advance for reading/replying!)

7 Likes

Zero people helped. You know, it really is true what they say about the documentation and support on this community…

I waited so long for a solution and tried so many new things, that I figured it out on my own. I ripped apart someone elses model pack and put it back together until I figured out how it worked.
I’m not sure why I’m sharing my solution, since nobody else shares theirs, but regardless…

HERE IS HOW YOU BRING IN PROPS/ASSETS/OBJECTS/MODELS FROM MPVINEWOOD or MPDLCHEIST3 (via CodeWalker)

• Export your props from the GTAV codebase via CodeWalker
    • Determine the name of missing prop
      • ch_prop_track_ch_straight_bar_s_s in my case
    • Find the offending/missing prop in the RPF explorer
    • Right-click on the result, ‘open file location’
    • You are now inside the RPF file which houses the props (YDR files in my case)
    • Select all the files in there since why not, export them onto disk somewhere.
  • Make a new CFX/FiveM resource
    • i.e. mpheistprops (whatever you want)
    • Give it a blank resource manifest file (no references are needed)
    • Put a stream folder in it
    • Put your exported YDR/etc files in there
  • Reference your new resource (mphiestprops) in your server.cfg file
  • Run your server. Tada - your DLC prop now loads

Special shoutouts to me and me alone for figuring this out, and also the guy who made CodeWalker (easily the best GTA world editor out there), and also SerMighty whos solution I pulled apart to accidentally figure out how all this junk works.

(search keywords - hope this helps someone out there. Ignore this)

props not loading, missing models, DLC props not loading, mpheist3, mpvinewood, including ymaps, ymap assets hidden, DLC assets, DLC models, invisible props, streaming assets, streaming models, fivem streaming, cfx model streaming, stream folder, __resource, manifest

Topic closed

23 Likes

Well, don’t pat yourself on the back TOO hard because your documentation isn’t complete and did not work for me.

Sorry to hear you are struggling too.

Which prop are you unable to load?

Be advised this approach only works for static map props, not things like vehicles/pedestrians.

You also need to actually place the models in CodeWalker, and generate the map, and run a server which is using that map.

If the above is true then my steps should enable the non-visible props.
You are sure your map has loaded? Try placing other props which ARE present nearby to ensure it is.

I recommend posting some screenshots of your folder structure and code references so people can try help you, instead of critiscing me for posting my own solution. It’s not like I made or contribute to FiveM so I don’t actually owe you anything… so imma keep patting my own back if that’s cool with you

Hey! Any way you could help me? I made a Y-Map in CodeWalker.

The Y-Map contains 3 objects;

• v_serv_metro_advertstand3.ydr (x3).

For whatever reason other y-maps and props work perfectly, but this billboard/advertisement doesn’t work at all. Any idea why?

First thing to do if this happens is to calculate extents, flags and use a f__ing manifest as dexyfex has it in his guild. The solution above seems extremely far-fetched to me, there must be some easier way.

1 Like

I have a __resource.lua file with the ‘‘THIS IS A MAP ‘YES’’’ thing.

I have a stream folder with the YDR & .YTD files & the .ymap ofcourse.

So my entire folder looks something like this.

• /resources/signs/__resource.lua

• /resources/signs/stream/models/v_serv_metro_advertstand3.ydr

• /resources/signs/stream/textures/v_serv_metro_advertstand3.ytd

• /resources/signs/stream/signs.ymap

I don’t know what’s wrong here.

my __resource.lua looks like this;

resource_manifest_version '44febabe-d386-4d18-afbe-5e627f4af937’

this_is_a_map 'yes’

Try removing subfolders in the stream directory
I think your folder structure should be more like

• /resources/signs/__resource.lua
  • /resources/signs/stream/v_serv_metro_advertstand3.ydr
  • /resources/signs/stream/v_serv_metro_advertstand3.ytd
  • /resources/signs/stream/signs.ymap

Also your __resource.lua is NOT a map, in this case.

The purpose of your resource is to stream missing models to your server
(because a lot of them were added as DLC packs from Rockstar, so it’s up to you to export and include them as a resource…)

This “DLC pack” you are making is not a map.
Add a map resource seperately.

If both resources - your map, and this DLC pack - are availiable on the server, the missing models (which you see in Codewalker but not working in game) will be availiable.

My solution describes how to make DLC content available in game.
(i.e. extra models in CodeWalker when you ‘Enable DLC Content’)

I’m not actually describing map development at all, despite using CodeWalker to export models…

Sorry to hear that 60 seconds of exporting files makes leveraging the development effort of an international video game company too ‘far fetched for you’

If anyone has the same problem: As TheWaste said, don’t use subfolders in the stream directory but other than TheWaste said you have to clarify that it’s a map if you use YMAPs in the same resource and also you have to have a _manifest.ymf in the stream folder of the resource your YMAP is in order to use those DLC contents in a YMAP. You can generate one with CodeWalker by clicking ToolsManifest Generator in it’s Project Window.

2 Likes

Sadly it didn’t work. My 10h project is wasted :frowning:

Why these stupid stunt racetrack props are not loading proper…
I tried your possible solution, I have a manifest.xmf generated as well etc.

Still not loading, my LODdist and ChildLODdist has been set on 2000 / 500. Nothing helps…
And I asked on many discords but also no one helping. It seems this never gonna be fixed.

1 Like

Before you lose sleep over 10 hours…

I have easily spent over 300 hours making resources and gamemodes for FiveM, as well as paying Zap hosting for slots, as well as paying FiveM via donations, and rebranding my server over 5 times now, and my server is still perpetually empty.

If you think 10 hours is a big time sink then let me save you some trouble and tell you to give up now before you waste any more time. This community will not help you and the Discord is even worse.

I hope this picture of a FiveM resource helps. Follow this folder structure, except replace the ydr/ytyp files with ones you want to make available on your server.

You can export the YDR/YTYP files from Codewalker via the RPF explorer.

Sorry that you and everyone else made it here on this page… instead of the documentation page that FiveM should have made but were too busy making money from donations.

And to anyone else out there, good luck. You’re gonna need it.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I doubled checked and it seems I did it correctly. So I guess I am out of options and accept it doesn’t work.
See my screenshot below for reference.

That looks fine… is your server running that resource?
i.e. type ensure mpheistprops in server console/ingame console and rejoin your server

If that doesn’t work then I’m out of ideas. There is no documentation for this. No resource that I can provide you which would help. Beyond this I recommend you do what I did and try reverse-engineer someone else’s working solution. Good luck

1 Like

Can you help me with it my prop cannot apear in normal way except using noclip it’s still have collision on that position

@TheWaste I’d like to thank you for your help, it works like a charm. Plus, don’t forget to put a manifest ymf generated by code walker if you have a ymap in the folder.

Good work buddy!!!

Thanks, This was my problem - forgot to regenerate a new manifest

My main servers anticheat kicks me for

“This player is using no prop. Prop : prop_pot_plant_03a”
“This player is using no prop. Prop : prop_bush_med_03”

Allthough i never had “no props mod”

any idea?