[FREE] player-synced car-radio with custom stations [ORIGINAL GTA 5 Look]

This is a FIVEM vehicle radio script which keeps the original gta 5 radio look with the ability to change stations name, sound (as radios for example) and picture (hud.ytd → change textures using open iv for example)

Changing the radios sound and name is easily done through fxmanifest.lua

Vehicle radios are synced between players and can be heard outside of the vehicles (distance is based on volume)

Installation steps

Overview

1. SHOWCASE: 2023-11-13 19-14-38

2. Huge inspiration: [Release] [JS] Radio

Dependencies

1. qb-core (https://github.com/search?q=qbcore&type=repositories)

2. ox_lib - for the options menu (GitHub - overextended/ox_lib: Modules to utilise in other resources via imports and exports.)

3. xsound (GitHub - Xogy/xsound: Improved audio library for FiveM)

Installation

1. Download the resource, put it in your resources folder, ensure it and then do the following:

2. Locate config.lua > availableRadios, this list provides a complete list of radios that are available in GTA 5

3. Locate fxmanifest.lua

4. Add / Remove radios like shown in the examples. (Do not remove the radio with url = “options”, you will lose the options menu on the radio wheel)

5. NOTE: URLs must be https://…

Features

1. Fully synced radios between players

2. Radios can be heard outside of the vehicles that have their engines on

3. 0.00 - 0.01 CPU usage

4. Multi-Language Support using QBCore Locales

5. 24/7 Support on discord

Screenshot

Bugs

If you encounter any bug, please feel free to reach out to me on discord (ogidev)

TODO

1. Add support for ESX

2. Add support for different inputs

3. Refactoring / Optimisations

YOUR PART

1. Feel free to do PRs

CONTRIBUTIONS

Big thanks to tsfs (discord) for rewritting the lang and adding support for ESX

My Discord: ogidev

Github (Download): Here

5 Likes

this work on ESX? seen the add support for ESX crossed out?

It does work on esx

1 Like

Great script is it possible to make it so they need to install a item to allow use of the media player part where they use links from YouTube

I would like to keep the script standalone, although I will gladly give you an edited version with item check, hit me up on discord (ogidev)

lalalalalalaalalalalallalalaall marganlalalalalai lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

I get this error Server Callback not registered, name: ogi-car-radio:server:getRadios, invoker resource: radio

Hey,

There are 2 things to keep in mind:
Make sure that you fully read and understood readme, that being said you have to have ox_lib on your sever
Also, unless you know what you are doing I highly recommend to keep the resource name as it is.

Did you rename the resource if so change it everywhere, i believe there is a getresourcename function in there

Exactly

Can you add the muffled effect car radio ?

If you mean muffled outside the vehicle, I’ll see what i can do.

Does it support m3u8? If not when is the ETA for it.

I honestly don’t know, you will have to check, because I did not develop xsound, resource used for playing the sounds.

Hey, nice script. I have the problem, if one player turns radio off, it turn off for everyone, even if the other person is in a car on the other side of the map.

Ok so, it crashes server above 150+ players

The Music only plays for 2seconds then the YT Video (Radio) stops.