Fivem vr

It’s not open source right now, but I’m thinking about that too

New video up about hand rotation

1 Like

This is such a cool idea! :+1:

Just got a few questions (as a VR users myself).

So do you think you would be able to setup IK Body in FiveM? Like a fullbody that is being tracked. (Instead of the flashlight it would be the hands). Since I’m guessing something like that is pretty far fetched.

And what do you think the possibilities with this is? Can we see a RP server in VR anytime soon, or like I said before. Is it to far fetched.

Anyway, keep on the grind and you are doing amazing things man! Keep it up :fire:

1 Like

Thanks man, and to your questions, i can say that the RP server with vr might be done in the near future.
The full body tracking is a lot trickier than a normal vr headset with hands, but in the future it might be possible.

Yeah I didn’t really mean the full body tracking. I just ment IK

So that it stimulates a full body, but just using a VR Headset and controllers.

Would that be possible to connect onto a Ped?

Oh that, I’m dumb.
I have a few ideas on how to make a full body, and i might look into Animkit’s sourcecode and use that on peds somehow

Definitely interested in implementing this and testing this on our server. I’m leaving this comment so that I can receive updates on it’s progress. I have a whole host of scripts I’d like to see implemented, but would like to see this move forward first. Good luck in the development.

What kind of subscription pricing where you thinking of in the future if this does come to fruition?

New video up
Started the development on duis

Thanks for being interested.

We are still thinking about the financial model.

My first real look in the vr headset with fivem

2 Likes

[Bump] I found a workaround to the info between the fivem client and the vr program using nui, so yeah, i hope this works and we can be done with this(info transfer). :smile:

Walking around in vr

Just some shooting and testing out IK body movement in VR

1 Like

This is sick would love to hear more updates on it!

1 Like

Gonna Love To See Some FRP In VR!

yaaass! Honestly, a VR GTA5 Fivem RP gaming experience with networked full body motion controller support (IK with support for head, hands, hip, feet) is the dream. I would be the happiest camper ever if this ever became a thing.

Hadn’t posted in here for a while, I’m usually more active in the discord so I’m going to briefly write down some things that were done after the last post for those who are not in the discord

Multiplayer
A lot of work was done regarding multiplayer, you can now have multiple vr and non-vr clients playing together

Joystick movement

A lot of optimizations were also made

4 Likes

any feedback on this?

The newest video is here

2 Likes

sick really impressive would you be releasing this to the public in the future? so people can adaptive to the latest frameworks like QBCore/ESX/Others cuz it will be sick for a full server featuring this, is it also compatible with other headsets like the Index Valve & HTC Vive, Quest 2/3 or Just Oculus Rift S? Cuz It Will Be Sick For this To be a Native game maybe you can reach out and get some informacion since R* and FiveM are together now it would be a nice to have it as a set in the cfg if you wanna use vr mode in fivem