FiveM Platform Service Agreement

Please see the new service agreement for the FiveM services.

https://fivem.net/terms

A snippet of the ‘Layman’s terms’ section is provided below:

#In layman’s terms

FiveM is a sharing-based community, and the basic principles are simple:

• Don’t make money off of FiveM. Not even your game services. Covering costs incurred from third parties (server rent, product licensing, …) is fine, however any additional profit (including ‘donations’ other than to cover acute costs) is not.
  • Share your contributions to the client itself.
  • Don’t try working around any protections in the client, or somehow working around our online services.
  • Don’t be a complete idiot.
  • Share your discoveries about the game, or other things that seem interesting. Nobody likes it when you keep things to yourself.
  • When asking for help, be clear.

We’re nice people, and we try to attract nice people.

27 Likes

Very glad to see all of things are being set in stone, especially the financial bits – thank god. Its getting stupid how everybody is trying to make a buck.

2 Likes

some server force you to pay 4.99 per month to play on XD

3 Likes

Servers like that should be blacklisted

1 Like

yup i agree whit you

Outstanding!! It seems we have reached a ‘fork in the road’ and this is a definite step in the right direction to guide the community down the proper path.

It has always amazed me how generous, creative and productive the (single player) GTA coding and modding community has been over the years. The FiveM scripting scene has as much potential, and more, but unfortunately a very different, selfish and ultimately harmful tendency has taken root which has stunted this community. Profiteering, hoarding and private ‘server competition’ has undermined the development of any kind of cooperative, open spirit and done very little to grow the FiveM user base.

Up until now, those people who consciously or not participated in this selfish direction might have felt secure in what they were doing. FiveM was taken for granted. No thought was given to the selfless sacrifice and open architecture of the project which makes it all possible. FiveM was treated as a free, neutral and even indifferent tool to use for good or ill. What’s even worse perhaps, was the way these very forums which serve to support an open, community-building project have been used for naked profiteering or to extract scripting advice for purely private coding projects. Again the tactic has been take from others, give nothing back.

The way I see it, this Platform Agreement sets new and higher expectations for the use of FiveM and these forums. Personally, I’m not sure I would seek to heavily regulate the use of donations, for developers at least, since this has been fairly successful in the GTA modding community. When a mod/script that might have taken hundreds of hours of work is freely released to the public, providing a a donation button seems harmless, but there may be other considerations I am not thinking of. Either way, this agreement is a welcome development!

4 Likes

C2CJ server also wants donations for a bunch of bullshit.

i also agree i had quit my last gta v server because it was charging me 4.99 a month

It is harmless, and honestly the wording should be changed on that.

I’d like an actual discussion about this, actually.
Profiteering – I can see the issue with, but a donation button?

I don’t see the issue with receiving donations, actually, specially when it’s still hours and hours of work to do something. Why should you not have a harmless donation button?

In regards to private projects, by the way, I don’t think that anything will stop people from keeping their scripts that make their server unique private. I think that’s fine, and I really don’t see the issue with it.

when did c2cj asked for money?

1 Like

you need to see that way further fivem dont want that because rockstar will be piss off and will try to close it if to many poeple making cash whit fivevm

No, because then "Covering costs incurred from third parties (server rent, product licensing, …) is fine, " probably shouldn’t be a thing.

I’ve already written about how this can be taken and construed in many ways on a different thread.

hehe :money_mouth:

Are you saying that there’s an issue with this?

Sounds like a lot of this is implicitly aimed at SoE/Evolpcgaming?

Does this pertain to donations or other contributions?

No. It means that fivem’s terms state the you can only allow enough donations to cover server costs. You can not make more than the server cost(make a profit). They did this so the community will stay free and continue to run. The moment Rockstar sees all these people making money off their game it’s starts to be a problem because Rockstar is getting no profit for it plus people would be making money off their game.

1 Like

That was not even close to my question, and I don’t think you are the person to answer it regardless. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol OK bud whatever. Because it makes sense that servers can only cover their server costs. What money would be shared with fivem LOL. I guess keep waiting for an answer to that question since you couldn’t figure it out yourself.

What system means by share your contributions he means share your scripts and help others with questions they may have.