Fireworks | Completely automatically

Ever wanted some fireworks?

Well, there you go. This script is playing fireworks for the New Year at exactly 00:00. Some features that are included:

• Automatically starts the fireworkshow at 00:00.
  • Automatically stops the fireworkshow at 00:15. (15 Minutes after New Year).
  • The server is detecting automatically the system time.
  • Three different firework types in the config.
  • Firework rockets can be placed in the config.

Command to start the firework manually: fireworkshow
I used some code snippets from these two resources:
The particle effects for the fireworks: esx_fireworks
GetTime function: cron

EDIT: The fireworks are going to be played on the Pier (As you can see from the picture.)

Well, and that’s basically it.

IMPORTANT: New update is out! Otherwise the fountains will not work at New Year. Please update your code.

Thanks to @RobijnFox he quickly removed the ESX part, the script is now officially a standalone.

And also thanks to @Semi-automatic to report the Reliable Network Event Overflow bug, already fixed and ready to download on GitHub.

Downloadlink: GitHub - CanysLypys/firework

Cheers!

13 Likes

Thank you! I was looking forward for something exactly like that! Lets just hope it really goes off at midnight :smiley:

2 Likes

It does, tested it some hours, otherwise, just try the command on a testserver, or something like that :wink:

1 Like

And even if it’s not going off at midnight, you got the backup command :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for this nice release man, you good!

Appreciate it!

IMPORTANT: client.lua file is updated, please update it on your server. Otherwise the fountains will not work.

If it wont go off, it is what it is. Wont be able to start anything later I guess :smiley:
With this beeing said, get well into 2022 guys! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve been looking for something like this that is standalone and free, however all I came across was paid, broken, doesn’t sync across all players or requires some dumb framework. Nice work

Thanks! But you need to use ESX if you want to have the backup command, I mean I could write it into a standalone, but not today anymore :smiley:

I’ve opened a PR for you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks! For my defence, I made the script originally for my server, then put some notifications, etc. in it, well and they used ESX hahahaha, I’ll look into it.

No problem :slight_smile:

Someone else have more Config.FireworkLocations ?? I would ask someone to post more locations here in the post, if anyone has.

So /startFireworkShow will it keep going and going or stop after 15 mins?

Yep, it’s the same as just waiting to 00:00, it’s the backup command in case something goes wrong. I mean the code is clean, I tested it, but in case of something, you got the command. But you shouldn’t use it and just wait until 00:00.

Although, the command is: /fireworkshow

Just fyi, this will basically ddos your own server and flood it with server events. It triggers server events per person per firework. If you have 10 + people in your server it will kick everyone with a Reliable network event overflow error. I converted all of the looping and triggering to clientside and it resolved the issue.

2 Likes

Do you have that uploaded somewhere? @Semigod

Not at this time. And not without this guys permission.

Wow! That’s oddly weird and sad, you can make a PR, otherwise I’ll look myself into it. I’m very sorry. Worked on my server, had no problems with it, don’t know why?