[ESX / QB / STANDALONE] Realistic Radar Detector Script

ONLY WORKS WITH THE WRAITH RADAR

This Radar Detector is a realistic police radar detector that works alongside the Wraith Radar System. It is designed to pick up police radar signals so you know if there’s a speed trap or a police car with their radar activated nearby.

FEATURES

• ESX & QBCore & ox_inventory Item functionality.
    *ESX & QBCore persistence - If the detector is installed in a vehicle owned by any player, it will save the detector to the vehicle in the database. You can also remove the detector with a command and it will be added back into your inventory.
  • [STANDALONE] Can be configured to use Ace Perms, custom function, or without restrictions (anyone can use it).
  • OneSync Compatible
  • UI is draggable with a command. it’s position will save and be persistent across re-connect and server restarts.
  • Realistic Radar Detector sounds lets you know when the radar signal is getting closer or farther away.
  • Screen that shows the detection signal level and current vehicle speed when the detector is installed.
  • Control the Volume, Mute, and install/remove the radar detector with simple, easy-to-use commands.
  • Customizable Units ( MPH or KM) for the speed display on the detector screen.

COMING SOON / TO DO

• A realistic Laser gun resource which I will be releasing that will be able to be detected with this Radar Detector.
  • Maybe adding Compatibility with other Radar guns / systems.
  • UI to be controllable with a key bind as opposed to commands to move the UI around.

USAGE AND INSTALLATION
In order for the detector script to know when officers radar is transmitting, you will need to move the “wk_wars2x” folder into your server’s existing “wk_wars2x” resource folder (or whatever you called the wraith radar resource in your server).

VIDEO OF THE DETECTOR IN ACTION

Code is accessible Partial(Config)
Subscription-based No
Lines (approximately) 1000+
Requirements Wraith ARS 2X
Support Yes

The code for the item functionality is not encrypted to allow for modification of the notifications and the item itself to be edited to your liking.

You can purchase this script for $15 from my Tebex Store.

5 Likes

purchased :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One question is… could you make a pop up notification that lets LEO know if someone is using one.

For instance… I have a seat belt script that does a check to see if someone is wearing their seatbelt and if not it transmits it to anyone driving an emergency vehicle with in a configurable amount of distance units. You could do the same with this script. So they can fine them accordingly lol.

2 Likes

I might look into this. Maybe make a little caption that can go above the player’s head when you get close to the driver like <1 meter it will say radar detector seen.

2 Likes

Would be nice if we could use our own notification system. Maybe set up an event in the config where we can add our own exports. Or maybe even make this an inventory item. We could add checks for the item in our own scripts.

2 Likes

item is key, would buy if i could make an item

4 Likes

why would you need it as an item? its installed into the car anyways its not hand held

1 Like

so people have to pay $ for them not just use a command.

5 Likes

This^^^^

1 Like

One of my members just sent this to my Key Master.

I agree with everyone else. Making this a item would be a game changer.

3 Likes

So I have read the feedback and I will be making this an option to be used as an item in the next version release. Thanks for the feedback and stay tuned!

5 Likes

THANK YOU!!! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Version 1.1 Is out!

Changelog:

• Added ESX Support, item name is “detector” if you need an sql file, I included that for your DB’s.

• [ESX] Added a way to change the way to notify players the detector is installed. Check sv_utils.

• Added a hide command so that you can hide the interface if you don’t want to look at it (the detector will still work when hidden).

• Added a server export isDetectorInUse(svrId) this export will return true whenever the player has the detector installed in the vehicle and they are in the vehicle. NOTE: This export will still return true even if the player has used the hide command.

• Small bug fixes and code cleanup.

The update is available in Keymaster.

Suggest addition of suggestions in chat for the commands.

For example:
TriggerEvent("chat:addSuggestion", "/detector install", "To install Radar Detector.")
TriggerEvent("chat:addSuggestion", "/detector mute", "To mute Radar Detector.")
TriggerEvent("chat:addSuggestion", "/detector hide", "To hide Radar Detector on screen but keep it turned on.")
TriggerEvent("chat:addSuggestion", "/detector vol 100", "To set volume of Radar Detector to 100 or other value")

No item for QBCore?

I’ll add that right now

1 Like

Version 1.2 Is out!

Changelog:

• Added QBCore Support, item name is “detector”.

• [QBCore] Added a way to change the way to notify players the detector is installed. Check sv_utils.

• Fixed the hide command, it should work properly now.

The update is available in Keymaster.

1 Like

I can’t seem to get the detector to do anything. UI shows up, I can do /detector install or use the item and it works. But I can drive past people running radar and get nothing. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

I dropped the folder into my wk_wars2x folder as per instructions.

1 Like

You need to overwrite the files inside wk_wars2x. So you need to drag fxmanifest.lua and cl_detector into the wk_wars2x directory of your server.
94D1jyDMk7

ox_inventory item support next? :heart_eyes: