[ESX / QB / STANDALONE] Realistic Radar Detector Script

Version 1.3 Is out!

*Changelog:

• Fixed some bugs with muting and hiding the detector.

• The detector can now be moved and the mute button on the detector is functional.

The update is available in Keymaster.

1 Like

Can I adapt this to work with ox_inventory? Are there any exports or events I can trigger to open the UI?

I’ll add the functionality in the next version. Should be done within a few hours

1 Like

Version 1.4 Is out!

*Changelog:

• ox_inventory support ( check the README file for the items.lua object you will need to add to your ox_inventory resource)

1 Like

<3 keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Added a coming soon/ to do list! Discuss if you have any suggestions or things you would like from the detector. They may be implemented.

SNEAK PEAK AT NEW UI COMING SOON

Will have directional arrows!

FiveM_b2699_GTAProcess_Y7QE6DzHnb

Version 2.0 Is out!

*Changelog:

• ALL NEW UI!
  • Directional Arrows show where the radar signal is coming from!
  • Different sounds
  • UI position will now save and be persistent after re-connect or server restart.
  • Added Chat suggestions which will tell you what the different commands will do. This can be customized to your liking through cl_utils.lua.
  • Check first post for a new video on the detector in action!

Hey, is it synced between driver and passenger?

Currently it only works if you’re in the driver’s seat.

Version 2.1 Is out!

*Changelog:

• ALL NEW UI! (AGAIN) Thanks to Scooter over at Hidden Gem RP for designing the UI!

• Check first post for a new video on the detector in action!

1 Like

Damn!! Looking good!!

1 Like

Version 2.2 Is out!

*Changelog:

• Moved the item functionality of ESX, QB, and ox_inventory from the protected server.lua into sv_utils to allow for server owners to change the way things work for the item.

1 Like

Love this addon adds a lot of cool rp potential, when using qbcore I noticed there is no real way to remove the detector off of a vehicle after the item has been used so it makes it a one-time use, detectors don’t save on cars either so an addition of a way to remove the detector would be great. Also after you moved item functionality from protected server.lua into sv_utils it seems to have broken qbcore item use just wanted to give you a heads-up.

1 Like

I just updated the script in keymaster. Should work now. I will try to figure out a way that the detector can be removed and also stored on a per-vehicle basis. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Update: I’m making progress on removal of the detector, and making it persistent in the vehicles database in ESX and QB. Should be done within a few days.

Version 2.3 Is out!

*Changelog:

• The Radar Detector will now save to the owned_vehicles (ESX) and the player_vehicles (QBCore) tables in your databases. You’ll need to run one of the new SQL’s I have included in the folder. This means the detector will remain persistent if the given vehicle is owned by a player and that vehicle is in the DB. It won’t work for any other cars, ONLY vehicles that are owned by players will have persistence.
  • Added a remove command, if you’re using QB or ESX, when you remove it, it will add it to your inventory, this command obviously also removes the detector flag in the database from that vehicle ( if it was in the database to begin with )
  • Standalone users: You may run into errors or issues relating to oxmysql, if you do, go into the fxmanifest.lua and comment it out.

As always, if you guys run into any issues, questions, or need help, feel free to post here or dm me and I’m more than happy to help.

1 Like

Keep it up Jordan!! My server is loving this!

1 Like

Hello, love this script a quick suggestion, the ability for us to adjust the detection range so we can tune it to our liking would be amazing. Thanks!!!

1 Like

There’s a limitation to how far the detection range can be due to OneSync. It’s currently at the Max range that it can be at.