[ESX][Free] Tour Guide Job

Hey, this is my second big release. I think it’s a lot better than the first one in every single aspect.
I present you the Tour Guide job for the ESX framework!

When you get the job and clock in, you can choose a route, the routes are very easy to make and configure inside the Config.lua file.
When you choose a route, the script will first take you to pick up the tourists at the Depot (default) and then it will follow the coordinates provided depending on the route you chose sequentially.
Similarly when the route is over, the script is going to take you back to the Depot (default) so you can drop off the tourists that you picked up. After that it is going to ask you whether you want to do another route or go back and return the vehicle.
When you add a route following the template I provided inside there, it is going to be automatically added to the menus so you don’t need to worry about that (You still need to restart the script if you’re doing it live though).
The payment is based on the number of stops you have in your route, you can, of course, configure this amount.

For this release I used WarMenu (made by Warxander) for the menu system and pogressBar (made by Poggu) for the progress bars.

The script is open-source so feel free to edit it to your own liking, but please don’t claim it as yours.

Video Preview.

Download

Direct download link.
Github repo.

Please feel free to leave your feedback.

How To Install

1. Download the script, unpack it, remove the -master from the folder name and place it inside of your Resources folder.
  2. Download pogressBar made by Poggu here. Unpack it, remove -master from the folder name and place it inside of your Resources folder.
  3. Download WarMenu made by Warxander here. Unpack it, remove -master from the folder name and place it inside of your Resources folder.
  4. Import the .sql file from my resource into your database.
  5. Start the scripts in your server.cfg file, make sure you are starting warmenu before pogressBar and pogressBar before luke_tourguide.

Update:

• Added an option in the config file for the peds to be sent over the network (Whether you want the peds to be visible to other players, this is by default true).
18 Likes

This looks really nice, thankyou for the release.

1 Like

Hello nice!
This job works with town hall?

Yes it does, the .sql files imports it into the database and it should show up in the list.

Nice idea!

1 Like

Can this be used without the war menu? If so how do we do that? As of right now i cant do anything with this script as im not using warmenu :open_mouth:

Hey, my original plan was to add in an option for it to be toggleable between WarMenu and the ESX menu. But the ESX menu was a really big pain to get working well and it doesn’t look nearly as nice as WarMenu IMO. But if you know what you’re doing definitely feel free to edit the script.

If i install warmenu will it clash with anything else or only be used for this script?

If you install WarMenu it will only be used by the scripts that require it. It won’t clash with anything, I’d this is the only script you have that requires it then it’s the only one that’s going to use it. I definitely recommend you do get it, it’s pretty good.

Cool thanks bud, ill check it out again.

1 Like

OK so with war menu it works much better hehe. I have a couple issues - If you cancel the tour early with tourists in the bus they just stand in the road and dont move at all, also if you cancel the job you dont seem to get paid at all even if you made 3 stops

The reason you don’t get paid for the stops when you cancel is because you only get paid once you finish all the stops, then you get paid for the amount of stops you did. The peds not deleting when you cancel is an overlook on my part, I don’t think I’ll push a fix for it though as I am currently working on a different project.

When I seen “Tour Guide”, I thought, Oh cool, someone’s coded a talking Ai (text) to drive new citizens around, and show them where everything (legal) is, so the rest of us get less spam of the same repeated questions lol

Will you make this to QB?