Early-exit trap Crash

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS OUT, YOUR TOPIC WILL BE UNLISTED AND CLOSED

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

Environment questions

GTA V version: Latest Steam Version
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit Copy
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: Windows 10, Version 22H2
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes
System specifications: I9 12900kf, RTX 3090, 64gb DDR5 Ram
CitizenFX crash zip file (ā€˜Save informationā€™ on a crash): CfxCrashDump_2023_03_03_11_44_48.zip (1.4 MB)
logs/CitizenFX_log files:CitizenFX_log_2023-03-03T114009.log (235.8 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs:
551d2511-6377-4537-83e8-24517d1018aa.dmp (9.3 MB)

Important parts

What is the issue youā€™re having? Game Crashing with error: Early-exit trap

What are you trying to do? just play the game, it runs for a few minutes then bang, crashes with the above error

What have you tried already to fix the issue? have looked up fixes for the early exit trap code and followed those, did not work, attempted to find other fixes but was unable

Error screenshot (if any):

What did you do to get this issue? no clue, it was working fine last night, fivem updated when i got home from work and itā€™s been happening since

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ā€˜all of themā€™ by itself isnā€™t useful!
doesnā€™t even have to be in a server, even if im just sitting on the main menu it will happen

the server i first joined once it was update which i had played the night before was Chilli Whip RP which is a server based on cayo perico

Additional comments

Fix For Me: i went in and took my Fivem off of Canary Branch and did the steps in most of the videos i could find, this fixed the issue for me instantly

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also ā€”whenever possibleā€” please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

1 Like

I am getting there error as well. I am unsure why it has happened when it was working fine earlier today.

1 Like

Same for me, i got this errors every connexion and i need to delete the cache of my client to can connect to a server (iā€™m on latest release)

Fix For Me: i went in and took my Fivem off of Canary Branch and did the steps in most of the videos i could find, this fixed the issue for me instantly

sameā€¦I dont know how to fix thisā€¦I delete %temp% prefetch and CitizenFX folder like 20x times, and still doesnt work.

1 Like

look at solution, attempt that

I tried everything. Tried the Canary branch. Deleting temp/prefetch/ cititzenfx etc and still nothing. Uninstalled reinstalled all of It. Please someone helpā€¦

Same boat. I have tried everything. Anyone find a solution?

nothing is solving the issue for me

didnt work for me. still cannot get in

Still no fixes? Please we need the DEVs to look Into this asap

2 Likes

same happening for me in redm

2 Likes

Happening to me also, have tried all the suggested fixes and nothing.

2 Likes

keeps happening to me. im so confused ive tried so much

3 Likes

i think when they fixed the other issue yesterday, it started this issue for a handful of us. ia m trying to get their attention on twitter but they arent responding anywhere yet

1 Like

I tried a few tutorial ā€œfixesā€ and I cleared out all of my caches etc. to no avail.

yeah, still not working, the new update completely ruined the fivem

Same issue. Crashing all the timeā€¦ After 2min on server

Same for me