[Discussion] NativeUI still wanted or extinct?

Hello all,

I wanted to start the discussion about the NativeUI. More and more I notice a real wall between NativeUI developer/server and custom UI developer/server. At least I have the feeling that you have to decide at the beginning do I go completely on the NativeUI or do I make any ui “myself” in NUI.

In resource development, the nativeui scripts tend to have a lower price and are more open source in my opinion. Custom UI are more often expensive and encrypted, everyone can decide if it is justified.

A small example from NativeUI:
68747470733a2f2f692e6779617a6f2e636f6d2f64626633643662656431663938666237363565356338663235623530343630372e706e67

What is your opinion about it? Do you think NativeUI is still in trend or is it dying out more and more and the custom UIs are becoming more and more popular.

Hi, I am the creator of ScaleformUI and i can confirm that devs using the Menus and Pause Menus plus all the customizations it offers is attiring more and more people into the Vanilla and GTA:O feeling it offers…

• I wouldn’t say it’s dying… the problem is that besides a couple of libraries in C# like ScaleformUI… LemonUI… MenuAPI… many other APIs are basically dead or not supported anymore… look at NativeUI_Reloaded in Lua… super old… or RageUI…if they don’t offer updates… and customization… they can become boring… ScaleformUI for example with every update adds new animations… new features… that keeps the “NativeUI” feeling updated and refreshed…

• Custom NUI UIs are often confused for “no natives involved so it’s faster and better performance wise”… but they don’t consider that it’s a completely different environment, there’s no comparison possible in terms of performances… Also CEF has its own lagging issues, and complications, its Event Message spamming can also cause a lot of issues, I dislike seeing 20 NUIs all spamming eventMessage, its a lot of computational traffic thats wasted performance.
    Everything is about design and implementation, ScaleformUI gives you a structured system with set standards that people cannot mess with easily for example…

1 Like

First of all, thank you for your detailed contribution. I find it exciting how different countries think in this topic, in my case I know the German FiveM scene, here NativeUIs in any form are considered “boring” and “outdated”. Everyone wants only custom NUI and completely away from Native UI. There are extremely many NUI developers but maybe only 1 or 2 NativeUI developers who really work with it, which is a real pity.
Apparently it’s completely different in other countries though.

Thank you @manups4e :heart:

i don’t speak for the Italian community tho… i speak for the FiveM community in general as for the italian community same as any other small fraction… they’re all convinced that the more you pay the better is the script… so…

It is very much still wanted, although I can see the “wall” you are mentioning in your post.

This post will probably be greatly biased, just to let you know before reading xD

I will use the term “NativeUI” for all similar scripts in nature (ScaleformUI, RageUI, NativeUILua etc).

NativeUI

Advantages:

• Unified look across the board and still somewhat customizable.
  • Keeps the Vanilla GTA V experience / Fits the general game aesthetics.
  • Most “paid” scripts are way cheaper when using it.
  • Itself is unencrypted, meaning it can be changed anytime and it will affect all other scripts using it.

Disadvantages:

• Can be quite demanding on client performance depending on the amount of data present / needed to draw for the UI. (though I personally have never seen this as an issue as this only happens when a menu is open)

NUI

Advantages:

• Fancy
  • Greatly customizable if you know e.g. css and the UI is unencrypted.

Disadvantages:

• Gets used way too often to advertise a “0.00ms script” which as a matter of fact, is simply not true. The performance simply doesn’t show using resmon.
  • Design = pricing (usually too expensive) in my opinion (if paid of course).
  • Every single UI creator has a different design, so you either need to stick to one creator or do everything yourself.
  • Paid resources often fully encrypted.

That’s also not quite true. We are approaching ~7000 members in our (mostly German) community and I can confidently say that the wall currently stands at ~50/50 for us. We have so many people literally defending our resources for being NativeUI and they are hoping that we don’t switch to 100% NUI.
It really depends on where you are standing and what your community likes.

For my future projects I already planned to look deeper inside ScaleformUI (thanks @manups4e and other contributors!) but I am already working on more diegetic interfaces, so you don’t even need a traditional UI anymore for many things.

2 Likes

Uuuuh I’m really curious about the looks and the API!! Ahahah :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I mean… I still use warmenu for the majority of my menus, especially when I need something dynamic :smile:

1 Like

Exciting but that is exactly the reason why I started this discussion, until now with those I had to do or with whom I had talked they were quite averse (Were larger but also smaller servers). But also thanks for your contribution :+1: