Custom Twitter / A Better Non-ESX Twitter Script [Release] [FREE]

Custom Twitter [Release]

This script is one I have had in my back pocket for a little while. It was originally just a little project to see if I could manage making basic scripts, but I developed it enough to a level that I felt comfortable to add it to my server. I know there are good twitter scripts out there but some are pretty lackluster. I felt this met my needs and I hope it does the same for you.

As the title suggests, the main intent of this release is customization potential.

Custom Twitter offers the following configuration options :

• A tweet prefix option which sets the prefix before twitter messages; Defaults to [Twitter]
  • A prefix color option that changes the color that this prefix will display.
  • A handle color option that changes the color of the player’s twitter handle, or name.
  • A message color option that changes the color of the actual tweet.
  • Customizable tweet and name commands. Allows /tweet and /setname to be changed to whatever you desire.
  • A handle identifier option that allows for you to change the @ symbol to anything.
  • A toggleable twitter symbol that displays before each tweet.
  • Discord webhooks to log tweets and name changes, each of which displays the player’s actual username.

My twitter script offers the ability to change player handles. By default, the command is /setname followed by the desired handle. This is useful for “anonymous” tweets or other similar things.

Installation

Installation is the same as any other resource. Download it from my Github and drag and drop into your resources folder and start it in your server.cfg. This resource can safely be restarted without a server restart. This is helpful for playing with config options. This is also what I recommend first for any issues encountered. Most will be resolved by a resource restart. If not, a server restart should fix it.

Pictures

The following is what a default tweet looks like in-game.

This is what these actions look like when logged in discord.

This is an example of what can be done with the configuration options.

If you need support for this script, first reply to this thread and then shoot me a request on discord @hbridges

Download

Direct Github Release
Github Page

10 Likes

Nice script. Can you add an ESX version with character names?

I haven’t done much with ESX but I can certainly attempt when I get a chance!

We have this in our server and it works great civs love it and use the crap out of it. great script and easy to work with. HBridges give great support on issues with it to!

1 Like

This is a really good script!!

1 Like

Great script all around! Allows civs to be more interactive without having to use Out Of Character.
10/10 Script and highly recommend to anyone looking for easy and fun to use twitter script.

1 Like

> Added thumbnail for releases section.

Nice release. Its very interesting, specially for communities that are not framework-based.

1 Like

Very customizable and convenient, all around a solid script!

1 Like

thanks for your kind words!

This script is AMAZING! We currently use this script in our server and it works like a CHARM!

1 Like

Great script! Its awesome to be able to change your handle and it works perfectly! Great work!

1 Like

ESX version is in the works.

ESX release here: Customizable Twitter (ESX Version) [Release] [FREE]

Thankyou!!

I am trying to change the name of the webhook however I can’t seem to find it anywhere in the code. How would I be able to do this?

In the server.lua, look at lines 9 and 16. You should see the part where it says username = “Twitter Name Change” and the other says username = “Twitter Logs”. Just change the text in these parentheses.

This script looks and works amazing! You should and you should defiantly make a dark web script to accompany it like /darkweb

I’ve added the script in but but the only command that I have managed to get working is the command to change the twitter handle a prompt to put in the command comes up but when you type a message nothing happens.

Have you tried restarting the resource?