[CRITICAL] Can't switch language

I can’t switch language (Windows Ctrl+Shift / Alt+Shift) when in game: default in game language is what it was before starting FiveM client.

1 Like

This bug is game breaking for non-English communities - the only way to change the language is to close the game, switch it and enter again. But if you have commands in English - it becomes just unplayable.
Please,fix this problem ASAP.

Once again, in game language will be what you’ve choose before you start game. So, you aren’t able to enter any English characters, if your language was another, and vice versa.

Any attempt to change keyboard language (Alt+Shift or Ctrl+Shift) has no effect. If you Alt+Tab to Windows, switch keyboard language and Alt+Tab back into the game, in game language stays the same it was before launching game.

If you Alt+Tab back into Windows again, keyboard language becomes what it’s in game.

3 Likes

The problem is still here. Any solution?

2 Likes

Well, I’m gonna put this up until the problem will be acknowledged. This is crucial for multilanguage communities…

Well, setting up different languages are often time consuming.

For commands, if you are downloading scripts and using them, its not FiveM’s issue. The FiveM community is mostly comprised of people who speak english. The best way to get another language going is to try GTA5’s language settings and possibly code a script for FiveM.

Please, read the problem. There’s no problem with client being English with no translation.

“This bug is game breaking for non-English communities - the only way to change the language is to close the game, switch it and enter again. But if you have commands in English - it becomes just unplayable.
Please,fix this problem ASAP.”

I was basing my response after that, my apologies.

I recommend you submit a feature request located here (https://forum.cfx.re/c/general-discussion/feature-requests) as that will hopefully get you somewhere.

This is not a feature. This is a bug which has to be fixed.

1 Like

So, you can change the language then? I don’t see the issue here…

1 Like

See, this is why I am so confused. He says he can, yet cant?

In game language will be what you’ve choose before you start game. So, you aren’t able to enter any English characters, if your language was another, and vice versa.

Any attempt to change keyboard language (Alt+Shift or Ctrl+Shift) has no effect.

What kind of arcane country are you from that the primary input method for the language does not allow entry of Latin characters?

Also, does the keyboard layout not change only for the chat, or does it break for script-based keyboard input (like the trainer) as well?

Cyrillic symbols.
Russian, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Macedonian, Montenegrin, Bosnian, Croatian and many other languages that fairies and unicorns speak :wink:

It doesn’t change for console, server IP direct input, game chat.
Yet, it does change in trainer (for ex. Lambda Menu -> Spawn vehicle by name) and stays in game for what I’ve selected in trainer.

If I connect to a server with DisableScriptHook: true, language still doesn’t switch.

Ah.

The game tries to handle keyboard layout mapping internally using XML files in platform:/data/control/keyboard layout, and therefore switches Windows to always use the keyboard layout that was configured on first startup.

We’re working on a fix.

1 Like

@cobalt
Thank you. I am struggling with this problem for a lot of time.

1 Like

any solution?

Useless bump…