Creating a single vehicle addon folder

Okay so I see some great vehicle packs out there. I just need help on how to create a single resource folder for multiple vehicles. For instance [RELEASE] [ADD-ON] High Quality, Luxury Car Pack! these has great cars, but all the cars are seperate. How can I combine these into 1 resource so I can just do for instance “start customvehicles” and it will load those cars? This will save on my resource list and on my server.cfg.

Create a new folder in your resources folder, create two new folders inside it: stream and data, then move all the .meta files to the data folder (note that if there are multiple .meta files of the same type you will need to combine them into one big one), and move all the model and dictionary files to the stream folder. Once you have done that, create your __resource.lua file to your top-level folder (the same folder with the stream and data folders), add the required code to it, add start {resource folder name} to your server.cfg, and you should be good to go.

I wrote this from memory, so if it doesn’t work or if I’m missing anything let me know :+1:

So I need to make a big carcols, carvariation etc meta and include all of my custom vehicles in a single file if I read you correctly? Also can I make submaps in the stream folder like gtr, cayenne etc, or do I need all the YTD and YTF’s in a single folder?

Yes, one big carcols, one big carvariation, etc. Also no, you need to put all the YTD and YTFs in that single stream folder.

Thanks so much. I’m going to experiment with this :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.