Community Pulse - October 2023 Edition

Someone steals your phone, sells it to me.

Does that make it my phone now?

1 Like

I guess those free roam and drift servers are not that much fun after all, if switching cars will make it “boring”.

1 Like

Your argument is null, Tebex is owned by CFX. Or atleast is integrated with it.

2 Likes

this is a big W for FiveM. Lore friendly on top

9 Likes

Through the tebex partnership is there going to be a change to assets being sold and simply de-listed on the forums when removed? Often there are sellers who may get a post de-listed but they are still actively sold/available through tebex and still grant to keymaster.

Are there going to be any refund policy changes to community generated content through tebex?

Are you going to encourage seller refund/accountability on the tos violation sellers?

Are the email warnings going to specify what specific content in a server violates tos if a server owner is unsure after a warning? – would make compliance after the fact a bit smoother imo (they shouldnt have violated tos in the first place though)

2 Likes

Tebex is owned by CFX.

Tebex is a completely separate company, with completely different people, with no connection other than the fact you can buy/sell FiveM/RedM assets on their platform.

you also, did not buy the product from Tebex or Cfx, you bought it from the seller of the site. Tebex is just a middle man for the transaction.

And as the tebex ToS states:

All digital software and other digital items we provide are licensed, not sold .

you just gain the license to use it.

Tebex is quite comparable to Fiverr here, just acting as a middle man between transactions. if someone sells you obviously stolen content on Fiverr and you buy obviously stolen content, would it be down to Fiverr to refund you? no. it would be down to the Seller, and the plaform may provide you a channel for doing that, but they dont need to.

4 Likes

If Tebex is indeed CFX’s platform and they have allowed the sale of these items, and then put the burden of proof on us… well we do have consumer rights.

This smells like it could be a potential class action lawsuit.

6 Likes

what if i have permission from said motor company :thinking: hehehe

Did they sell you that content?

You’ll have to contact the server-owner for resolution and if that doesn’t work you may try and contact tebex.
Good luck tho :sweat_smile:

So in your first sentence you’re spitting out lies and in the next sentence you already backtrack on your statement. :joy:

All in all this post look like a great opportunity for fivem to become even better. Many opportunities arrise with the help of R* directly.
I am excited to see what the future holds.

(Also server-owners complaining about the new IP laws are hypocrits. Monetizing something they don’t own and then becomming all defensive when the law that already existed is finally being enforced.)

1 Like

euhh, what? buying stolen ip is good, but when the stolen assets get removed, you want your money back. It was clearly stated in the tos from 2020 that it was not allowed to use copyrighted content without permission. it is a happening now because the support team is getting expanded and stuff.

2 Likes

that still wouldn’t be allowed.
since While you would no longer be infringing on their copyright, it is still under the category of:

constitutes use as a brand, logo, or source identifier for goods or
services in commerce;

While in the same paragraph as infringement, it is a separate point and not connected.

*violating the rights of the company is covered under 4.2 (1), while the usage is covered under 4.2 (2)

Even if Tebex would be owned by CFX (I don’t understand where people got this information from), it was never allowed for anyone to be selling someone else’s IP assets.

It’s like someone opens an illegal stand on a flee market, sells your some poisonous goods and then you go about making a class action lawsuit against the city for allowing it to happen.

Selling IRL brands was never allowed by anyone and the fact some people are leverage system to their advantage and you don’t question it for a second doesn’t change anything about it.

You want your money back? Ask the person that actually took the money from you in the first place, big brain.

1 Like

Nothing stopping a server owner reaching out to said brands/manufacturers and trying to get permission to use the cars as long as no monetisation /payments/sponsorships takes place etc.

Hello, it’s very cool to see how FiveM is evolving. However, I have a few questions:

• Are we allowed to use GTA brands (e.g. Bravado, Benefactor or Gruppe 6) or is this a misuse of Rockstars’ intellectual property?
  • Are we still allowed to use real city names like Los Angeles, or do we have to create a completely fictional city?

Thanks in advance for all responses

3 Likes

Why would be using lore friendly GTA/ R* IP not be allowed would make 0 sense
Of course your allowed to use it cause it is native to the GTA world/ environment lol

The City one I am not too sure on cause it is a real world state and has nothing to do with the game… you could just be Los Santos like every other server I know does than renaming everything to be Los Angeles

Hi,

Yes, of course, that wasn’t worded well on my part.

I meant whether it is allowed to use Rockstar IP on vehicles, textures, etc. that you create yourself.

I wonder how long it takes the Cfx.re team to review copyright infringement notices & take action.

That RSM freeroam server that’s featured better be the first.

1 Like

yeah, im pretty sure theres a whole category called “lore friendly vehicles”. I think that is what rockstar games/fivem wants to point towards

Yes, that’s what I meant. I wasn’t entirely sure if this was allowed as it’s probably still an R* trademark :slight_smile:
Thanks for your answers.