Client Addon Packages: the future

Keep checking back for documentation for the new Addon packages and all i see is people mad.
I think better control over modifications being used on their client is one of the best steps they could have made. Sure its going to be rough waiting for mods to be ported over to the new standard. In the process a few mods might be lost because authors have moved on. In those cases it might be up to other authors to make similar mods or to ask if they can take over updating mods that aren’t getting updated later.

3 Likes

I love when first posters are this wholesome

Good
Job

i love fivem, but this update broke allot of my things in my server…
Edit:
Oh and my game crashes way to many times now

1 Like

this change has no barring on server side files only client side mods so whatever is going on with your server is not because of this update.

1 Like

I just see this as another way to control people and add “privileged server functionality” aka more profit. How this benefits the average client i’m unsure because i don’t know many people that have crashes or cause crashes with ENB’s & Visual Packs.

This update basically means any client side meta updates from communities, eg handling or vehicles.meta’s or mapzoomdata’s etc etc won’t work? If say private, whitelist only communities have files they want to distribute that arn’t released to the general public, can we still get these signed? I have a community that distributes about 6 or 7 files into the common directory.

1 Like

So is this live or not? The visual mods many of my friends and I use stopped working for about a day.

Done people saying it’s taking about 3 days to get stuff signed, but nothings being signed yet?

Very confused lol

I officially cannot do anything at this point forward until the “update” folder modifications are sorted and fixed.

Don’t download random visuals off the internet, if it is not supported fivem will review it as hacks and global ban you. Happened to me twice

Not sure where you find your visuals, but unless your ‘visuals’ show people through walls, I whole heartedly doubt that :wink:

2 Likes

NaturalVision is broken after this update, so here’s screenshots of what i mean. Also the Framerate kinda got a hit but i’m not too sure that could be just the mod by itself. https://imgur.com/a/FKo6TZ4

Natural Vision is not broken because of these changes… in fact I have seen this before. From what I remember, there is another modification that you have installed that is causing issues (because of compatibility). I would suggest removing the modifications you have and then re-install Natural Vision first and verify it’s working correctly and if not I would suggest re-installing FiveM fully or also re-verify game cache.

Ok from reading the whole thread I would say if it’s good for the future of FiveM then that awesome if it provides stable game play. But seriously why not give a grace period to start getting things signed and approved and set a deadline date before pushing this update and " BREAKING " the mods.

Doesn’t seem like someone at FiveM thought this through well enough. You could of eliminated most of these problems if you started getting mods signed WAY before pushing this update. Now people are gonna flood you with trying to get stuff approved and your just gonna get behind…

Way to drop the ball

James

… but no such update enforcing it was pushed at all, and the only thing that exists is the ability for people to test and get their stuff signed, so the whole scenario is exactly as you wished in your post?

no not really. Many user are saying mods are not working after this fivem update. So they are mistaken or just coincidence? I know when I log into my server my visual pack and siren pack no longer work.

“this” update?

not sure which update it would be but I clicked it and fivem updated yesterday. If I knew what build it was or what version I could let you know

This update is not pushed to the master build of fivem yet all mods that are compatible with fivem are still working only way to use this unreleased update is to run devmode even in devmode all my stuff works

what i dont get is, the more FiveM Takes away from players and amount of modifications a players wants should be totally up to the player them self? im sure as hell not paying someone 200$ to convert all my graphic mods visuals gun sounds sirens and map mods and the other misc shit, in my opinion it should be a free service. will fiveM approve BxBugg’s visual mods will they test everything will they get sick of approving? will they approve it at 2 am in the damn morning? because i want to play but without visuals and map mods and other stuff fiveM’s not as easy to modify or have fun anymore in my opinion

If your a server owner you can stream VisualSettings, Maps, Gun sounds etc via the server, So i dont see this being an issue.