Client Addon Packages: the future

Yes, but certain crashes happen a lot simply because there is a widespread issue with client mods. And who gets the blame? That’s right, FiveM does. To reduce these crashes, FiveM will eventually require verification for certain client side mods, thus making players happy.

And you shouldn’t? It should indeed be a free service by whoever made it.

Whoever made this visual mod will have to get it approved. Obviously, if done so and it is up to the standards it will be approved.

Things take time in the world. The more mods need to be approved, the longer it will take. Nothing happens instantly. Once it’s approved once, it will be approved forever, so not using some mod for lets say 72 hours or a week isn’t so much of a big deal. Isn’t it? :wink:

1 Like

Another thing to add about the whole “WhO wIlL cOnVeRt ThE mOdS” I will be posting a damn tutorial when “update folder” gets fixed :wink:

It will not be that complicated when it’s all sorted out.

3 Likes

also fiveM needs to uderstand, players will need to re encrypt their files after replacing them. also GTA 5 will never fix the update folder.

as well as certain mods will not work for open iv and Rpfs that were menant to be non rpfs will also cause issues.

will dojrp Die because they use client side mods?

do i have to get visual mods approved such as the Visual.dat?

just to let you know creators that made the visual and grahpic settings probably will not convert them.

A RANDOM IDEA MADE BY A GENIUS :
Add a launch parameters like

+set noSignedPackageRequired 1

When you set it you can use the old process so you can edit fastly and setup your files but you can only go in localhost server or fivem singleplayer that would make this easier for everyone to edit your client side modded files fastly before sending it to mod reviewers team.

Is there any possibility of a console command or something similar to remove the red “Dev Mode” debug text for those of us who want to make use of this system all the time?

that’s… not how it works

eventually package signing will resume

that’s… not how it works
eventually package signing will resume

I understand that this is a preview of an upcoming feature, and this early access preview is now how it’s going to work. I only asked for a way to remove the text in the interim, until it’s time for packages to be signed for production environment, this way those of us who have figured out the new system can keep using our functional mods in a normal play session. Sorry for the confusion.

I am very glad to bring this post back from the dead after many many months…
You state “eventually package signing will resume”… Hmmm… When did it ever exist.

I remember when this system first came out… signing was promised… never was delivered.

I personally think that the whole signing the mods should be dropped as restrictions just makes everyones damn time more difficult.

I have already released “mod” folder variants of genuine texture packs from the guys over on GTAV.

I have my own staff team figuring out half the things to go around these nonsense restrictions. For one, the “Red Text Remover” is a feature in my mod packs that edited the parameters of the “citizen-mod-loader-five.dll” To allow running developer mode without the nasty red text. Of course now… that doesn’t work and now I have to put everything on postpone because of it.

I have been working on modifications for FiveM since early 2018… How can I continue to do this if it keeps getting hard to deal with constantly. Restrictions are not the answer. There are no excuses either.

Also to mention… congrats on getting in the top 10 concurrent players on steam… I feel that’s a great accomplishment… Don’t let that be ruined by restricting people’s freedom to modify how their game looks.

I bet everyone that enjoys modifications to FiveM can agree with my statement. I will be posting my formal statement to FiveM soon. This is just the beginning.

Thanks for your time.

It did. A few packages got signed. However, since the whole thing didn’t work at all due to a typo that was only found recently, it was put on hold.

The ‘restrictions’ are there so mods that break OTHER PEOPLE’S GAMES can’t be shipped in a way that they will be used on a massive scale.

Because you’re not supposed to bypass such stuff?

…?

I think the whole “mods that break other people’s games” can be sorted by restricting those specific files. things like Texture packs are entirely harmless. Also I don’t see what difference it makes from the method we have today known as the “Citizen” folder and “Addons” folder. For any files that actually do harm… it is extremely rare.

My whole argument in the first place back in June 2019, was about having a fully universal and functioning mod injection system that didn’t rely on modifying the citizen folder… this whole thing could have just been as simple as the addons folder but with the ability to have textures working.

Why implement something complicated to deal with when its just that simple to change.

If you are truly wanting to use the whole signing process… make a better system to allow everyone a chance. Currently there isn’t any innovation in the modding community.

The thing is we don’t know beforehand what files might break. New files get discovered every. single. time.

This isn’t ‘complicated’ at all? All you have to do is copy in a .oiv file’s content in an .rpf and it works, then submit it for signing and you’re done.

Again, what? Everyone does have ‘a chance’.

I am only referring to the Signing of mods… I’m not sure what you mean by “New files get discovered every day” when they have been around an modified for the longest amount of time… are you referring to something like .ASI plugins?

All I want is for everyone here using FiveM to have the best graphical experience possible without missing out on the GTAV counterparts… that’s it…

Most people here also like to modify peoples graphic mods to their own taste. A very common file modified is the “Visualsettings.dat”… They shouldn’t have to sign it everytime they want to make a change.

What? Where are you reading anything about scripthook stuff being removed in that post?

Thing is it’s easy to whitelist certain files for local changes, but graphics mods tend to change more and more files lately - which is why the .oiv mod loader was introduced in the first place: to allow this to be done in a clean and safe way, while making it clear that certain files won’t get signed for distribution, e.g. anything that will (possibly) replicate remotely.

Also, not sure what’s with the complaining when you don’t even know the plans for the mod loading support at all: whatever is stated in the initial announcement is heavily outdated, and I’m not sure where folks are getting scripthook involved from either.

I was just replying to the misguided bump from earlier, and suddenly this whole argument resulted… not sure why it was bumped in the first place as well?

Fair enough. Perhaps a well stated update may be optimal to update the situation… may people are still in the same box as I am.

Also the reason for bringing this whole thing up again is because… Terrov Series has been in dark times for a long time. I started the whole request… I want to finish it. I had staff send out files to be signed a while ago with no response given with any of them. I also heard things about some modders getting the privilege while others like my groupe have not.

Please see RFC: FiveM Mod Library.

1 Like

Hi, how can i use this GPS? i want to use in client side, thanks

hey :wink:

Mmm ok, Thanks for the heads up! This is definitely a issue in my server with some client side mods.